Attachments

• 1978 v2a.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 153
  • Friedman_PT20_SM57(AxeFx II XL+).syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 143
  • 1978 - Cygnus.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
in the preset there's a PEQ that will bring it closer to the record tone, but on it's own I prefer the thicker version without it. In scene 2 I included a version of "Mark's Recto feedback" hack, that's pretty nifty! So props to him!

Also on the record I think there's even more reverb... but this was just for me having some fun, knocking back some beers and riffing on VH, not a science project.

Attachments

• 1978_v2.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
...but please don't be discouraged from pointing out the inaccuracies in regards both to playing and tone: I'm a tweaker after all

Tone is pretty spot on ...there seems to be a hair too much compression I think .,.the vibe is there.

Levipito’s vibe is a bit closer imo

Great job however !

Wow, this sounds really good!!!

thanks man! With the PEQ on it sounds much closer to the record, but yours is yet closer I believe. It has some very nice qualities in the reverb that I am missing. Almost like it's ducked and swells in the pauses.

thanks man! With the PEQ on it sounds much closer to the record, but yours is yet closer I believe. It has some very nice qualities in the reverb that I am missing. Almost like it's ducked and swells in the pauses.

Thank you Phil! I will explain it in a video how I set it up and why! I used the Music Hall reverb!

my take on a certain guitar tone from 1978

FW 12.08b
Thanks for this... I opened this (with excited intrigue) on my FM3 a couple days ago not knowing anything other than “1978” and thinking it was going to be Strutter ‘78 or some classic EVH... Well, as soon as FM3-Edit opened it, I could tell from the zillion blocks that it was going to be Eddie... Of course, the Frankenstein procedure didn’t go too well into the FM3, but still much appreciated.

Thanks for this... I opened this (with excited intrigue) on my FM3 a couple days ago not knowing anything other than “1978” and thinking it was going to be Strutter ‘78 or some classic EVH... Well, as soon as FM3-Edit opened it, I could tell from the zillion blocks that it was going to be Eddie... Of course, the Frankenstein procedure didn’t go too well into the FM3, but still much appreciated.
FWIW, it sounds AWESOME on SoundCloud🤘👍 I just couldn’t get it to translate that well into the FM3. I think, beyond having to drop some blocks, FM3-Edit must be changing a lot of internal parameters as well... Thanks again!

FWIW, it sounds AWESOME on SoundCloud🤘👍 I just couldn’t get it to translate that well into the FM3. I think, beyond having to drop some blocks, FM3-Edit must be changing a lot of internal parameters as well... Thanks again!

Shouldn't be happening

Attachments

• 1978 v2a.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 152
  • Friedman_PT20_SM57(AxeFx II XL+).syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom