1 More Way to Reduce CPU Usage

DallasGlenn2005

Experienced
I know this is a tiny incremental step that I didn’t see mentioned on the Wiki or searching posts. You will get a slight reduction in CPU usage on a preset when lowering an unused scene’s output/volume level all the way down in the output block. I’m not at home so I don’t recall whether the setting is 0 or -20dB. Just push the sliders all the way to the bottom.

Tried this, but I'm not seeing a difference in CPU usage, either in Axe-Edit or on the hardware. Tried by lowering the volume on 6 unused scenes.

Last edited:
Tried this, but I'm not seeing a difference in CPU usage, either in Axe-Edit or on the hardware. Tried by lowering the volume on 6 unused scenes.
Huh. I will check it out again. I did it via axeedit then saved it. One note, I probably lowered 3-4 scenes vs just 1. It only lowered it by a couple % points at most.

I only use 4 scenes so I was happy to read this post. I’m not playing right now since I F’d up my left shoulder pretty good. But I fired up my FM3 and lowered 5-8 all the way. It’s hard to say if there’s an improvement because cpu drifts up and down a bit even if there’s no input. If there is a drop, it’s less than .5%.

Back
Top Bottom