“Tone color differences” between D’addario American Stage & Circuit Breaker cables

Hyper Planet

Power User
Hey folks!,

When I tested two dry signals recorded with two different D’addario cables “American Stage” and “Circuit Breaker” I realized American Stage has a more warm tone, also a little bit compress while Circuit Breaker has a more open, clear and transparent tone!.

I just wanted to have your input about these two cables,

1- Whats your experience, if you’ve got this two?

2- Did you also recognized this tiny differences?

3- Which one do you prefer to use for recording?

4- Please tell me your reasons, why you go for each one of em? in case for recording.

Last edited:
I don't have any experience with these cables so I can't really answer your points directly but I do use Mogami cables when I have to use a cable otherwise I'm wireless.

As to the difference in the cables pretty sure one is going to have more resistance than the other rolling off the high end. If you put an Ohm meter on them and measure a good bet will reveal the American Stage will have more resistant.

The high end difference is most likely due to the cable capacitance. The the few ohms of resistance in the cable is negligible when it's feeding a high impedance input of 1 megaohm.
Damn it... I know I know... I thought I screwed that up oh well.

Back
Top Bottom