Wish Boss HM-2 pedal

Just for anyone who is trying to do covers of songs with this, when I used the DS1 model and cranked the tone I seemed to be getting the chainsaw thing going on close enough to match the songs sound while you play along with it. By itself it is very easy to tell the difference but if you playing along with the song it is good fun.

That Roswell 47 song from Hypocrisy, quite fun to play along to.

Just for anyone who is trying to do covers of songs with this, when I used the DS1 model and cranked the tone I seemed to be getting the chainsaw thing going on close enough to match the songs sound while you play along with it. By itself it is very easy to tell the difference but if you playing along with the song it is good fun.

That Roswell 47 song from Hypocrisy, quite fun to play along to.
Thanks I’ll try that out! I did find Paul Bradshaw’s approach with a face fuzz drive block combined with Dome’s PEQ settings very HM-2 like the thing is I don’t always want the all knobs at 11 sound so the actual model would be great. The already existing metal zone model its nothing like it but can chainsaw as well.

“Hypocrisy” is the reason why I’m chasing all these tones haha although for that Roswell 47 I don’t think the HM2 was there yet in their recordings I just hear an old recto with the gain maxed out through a Marshall cab . Btw I’ve tonematched a few of their early tones let me know if you’d like them I think they came out pretty good !

Thanks I’ll try that out! I did find Paul Bradshaw’s approach with a face fuzz drive block combined with Dome’s PEQ settings very HM-2 like the thing is I don’t always want the all knobs at 11 sound so the actual model would be great. The already existing metal zone model its nothing like it but can chainsaw as well.

“Hypocrisy” is the reason why I’m chasing all these tones haha although for that Roswell 47 I don’t think the HM2 was there yet in their recordings I just hear an old recto with the gain maxed out through a Marshall cab . Btw I’ve tonematched a few of their early tones let me know if you’d like them I think they came out pretty good !
I believe my settings were something like, drive either on 0 or just barely on, level was either all the way up or at least around 7. Tone was either all the way or I might have tamed it slightly. I do not recommend having everything on 10 imo.

Sounds like HM2 to me. Maybe it is on only of the guitar tracks though.

Back
Top Bottom