Can FM3 FSW's be set up to go Up / Down by 3 Pre-sets for each Press (?)

ben ifin

Experienced
Hey all !

Apologies for all my questions but am just about done [ yes ! ] setting up my new [old] OG FM3.

Quick question:-

=> can, say, FM3 FSW 3 be configured so that with each individual press it will go UP, say, from Pre-set 001 ... then directly to Pre-set 004 ... then directly to Pre-set 007 etc..... (?) ie: in jumps UP of 3

and conversely

=>can, say, FM3 FSW 2 be configured so that with each individual press it will go DOWN, say, from Pre-set 021 ... then directly to Pre-set 018 ... then directly to Pre-set 015 etc..... (?) ie: in jumps DOWN of 3

Thanks,
Ben

Since you're almost certainly doing this to jump presets by bank, you can also set Bank Size to 3 and use a Bank Increment/Decrement instead...

And another push for you to read the Footswitch Functions Guide which would have quickly answered your question ;)

Thanks heaps unix-guy !

I've just read Pages 3, 4 and 5 of the Footswitch Functions Guide ... and from what I can tell .... the Bank Up / Bank Down and Bank Size settings are only available to use with the on-board FM3 FSW's and/or the FC6 and FC12 (?)

I am trying to access and trigger these settings by using the MC6 MK II external Midi Controller ... and from what I can see in the on-board FM3 menu's (?) ... and I could well be missing the bleeding obvious (?) ... there does not seem to be a way to do and access these features via an external Midi Controller like the MC6 II (?)

Any chance I am missing something really obvious to access the Bank Up / Bank Down and Bank Size settings via an external midi controller like the MC6 (?)

Many thanks again,
Ben

Thanks heaps unix-guy !

I've just read Pages 3, 4 and 5 of the Footswitch Functions Guide ... and from what I can tell .... the Bank Up / Bank Down and Bank Size settings are only available to use with the on-board FM3 FSW's and/or the FC6 and FC12 (?)

I am trying to access and trigger these settings by using the MC6 MK II external Midi Controller ... and from what I can see in the on-board FM3 menu's (?) ... and I could well be missing the bleeding obvious (?) ... there does not seem to be a way to do and access these features via an external Midi Controller like the MC6 II (?)

Any chance I am missing something really obvious to access the Bank Up / Bank Down and Bank Size settings via an external midi controller like the MC6 (?)

Many thanks again,
Ben
No, unfortunately I don't believe either function you want is accessible via midi.

Something like the RJM MGMT controllers might be able to but they are a) very expensive and b) bigger than the FM3.

Banks only make sense with the FMs and/or FCs because the bank is relative to the switches on those units.

No, unfortunately I don't believe either function you want is accessible via midi.

Something like the RJM MGMT controllers might be able to but they are a) very expensive and b) bigger than the FM3.

Banks only make sense with the FMs and/or FCs because the bank is relative to the switches on those units.

Yep. Thanks :) As I suspected :(

I've just now worked out a triple-all-in-one-CC command on the MC6 using FSW's F and C for Increment Up x 3 and Increment Down x 3 - its %99 there so will just go with that.

Many thanks again and all the best,
Ben

You can configure a dumb two button switch as a stand in switch, and have this assigned to bank up and down - even using tap and hold to have both functions on a single stand in switch.

I am putting the finishing touches on a custom layout using a pair of stand in switches. I have some pretty cool functionality worked out ... spoiler alert - my bank size is 7!

I will share this soon ... 😀

Back
Top Bottom