Wish PEDAL: Tip and Sleeve control like FM3

boulieB

Just curious if we might ever see the ability to separate the tip/sleeve inputs on the pedal jacks like the FM3? I just purchased the OCD dual switch thinking I'd offload the tap/tuner function to give myself 1 more switch...unfortunately it seems that isn't going to happen.

Still love my FM9!!!

Thanks!

Yup, trying to use pedal 3 as a switch, it does just 1 thing…unfortunately FM9 is not as flexible as it’s little brother.

It's a little confusing hardware-wise 'cause ALL the "pedal" inputs are RTS otherwise the expression pedals wouldn't work.

Yup, trying to use pedal 3 as a switch, it does just 1 thing…unfortunately FM9 is not as flexible as it’s little brother.
Well,

FM9: 3 pedals/0 switch - 2 pedals /1 switch - 1 pedal/2 switches - 0 pedals/3 switches
FM3: ---------------------- 2 pedals/0 switch - 1 pedal/2 switches - 0 pedals/4 switches.

I would say the FM9 is more flexible overall.

Ha! Yeah, I was really just trying to point out that on the FM3 the system allows you to split the ring and sleeve of the inputs so more flexibility.👍🏻

Well, I am not a developer, but I have programmed many Arduinos for my home automation and built circuits as a hobby.
Each system only gives you a certain number of digital and analog inputs. Pedals use the analog inputs because the resistance values of the potentiometer are converted to digital signals, while switches use the digital inputs.
The Arduino Nano has 22 digital inputs and 8 analog inputs. And depending on the idea, the digital inputs quickly become scarce.
The Arduino Giga, on the other hand, has 76 digital inputs and 12 analog inputs. This is somewhat oversized for my small projects and the costs are exorbitantly higher.

The reason could therefore be that digital inputs are no longer available. Therefore, no software update would help in this case either, but I could also be completely wrong 🤣

Yeah it's quite unfortunate. You have to sacrifice 2 inputs for 2 switches. I have 4 cc pedals connected to my axe 3 and would really like to do the same with the fm9 so I do not have to remember and reprogramme. Well, there's always something to comment on eh? Why black again and not a red fm9? LOL

Yeah it's quite unfortunate. You have to sacrifice 2 inputs for 2 switches. I have 4 cc pedals connected to my axe 3 and would really like to do the same with the fm9 so I do not have to remember and reprogramme. Well, there's always something to comment on eh? Why black again and not a red fm9? LOL
Buy an AudioFront Expression IO and thank me later.

I have 4 expression pedals and 3 switches connected to my FM9 ;)

Buy an AudioFront Expression IO and thank me later.

I have 4 expression pedals and 3 switches connected to my FM9 ;)

Oh man, been looking for something like that but never found it. Thank you so much. Is the quatro enough or do I need the IO? And why?

Oh man, been looking for something like that but never found it. Thank you so much. Is the quatro enough or do I need the IO? And why?
I can only speak to the IO... Which works really well.

I think the Quatro may only be USB powered? May depend on your use case... Mine needs to be portable.

Back
Top Bottom