Tuner engages on pedal

rmbaylin

Inspired
I'm having an issue with the tuner engaging on pedal 3. It happens globally and is not limited to a specific preset.

First let me state that I've read the
manual, scoured the posts on the forum, checked to be sure I have a good TRS cable, swapped multiple pedals, turned off the tuner on heel down in the configuration, and checked all my configuration settings I could find.

I have not tried a complete reset because I didn't want to lose any custom settings or layouts . Nothing seems to fix this behavior.

When I plug in pedal 3 and heel down the tuner engages, if I rock the pedal to the toe down position and back to heal it disengages.

If I do this approximately three times my layout changes to my scenes layout regardless of what layout I am currently on. I'm beginning to think this is a hardware issue not a configuration or oversight.

Anyone have any ideas what else I can check?

This only happens on pedal 3

Thanks for the link Yek, As you can see the Tuner on Heel Down is NONE, and no CC is assigned to the Tuner.

If I select a pedal for the tuner ex. PEDAL 1. Then both PEDAL 1 and PEDAL 3 work.

IMG_20240418_140245.jpg

I'd reset the system settings. Make screen shots first. And export the FC layouts using FC-Edit in the editor.

I'm having an issue with the tuner engaging on pedal 3. It happens globally and is not limited to a specific preset.

First let me state that I've read the
manual, scoured the posts on the forum, checked to be sure I have a good TRS cable, swapped multiple pedals, turned off the tuner on heel down in the configuration, and checked all my configuration settings I could find.

I have not tried a complete reset because I didn't want to lose any custom settings or layouts . Nothing seems to fix this behavior.

When I plug in pedal 3 and heel down the tuner engages, if I rock the pedal to the toe down position and back to heal it disengages.

If I do this approximately three times my layout changes to my scenes layout regardless of what layout I am currently on. I'm beginning to think this is a hardware issue not a configuration or oversight.

Anyone have any ideas what else I can check?

This only happens on pedal 3
do you have Stand-In Switches set for Pedal 3 jack? it's in the FC menu.

ill check in the morning on the stand-in switches. If I have to reset... eeeeshhhh... not looking forward to that. But i guess it will be what it will be

ill check in the morning on the stand-in switches. If I have to reset... eeeeshhhh... not looking forward to that. But i guess it will be what it will be
pedals don't typically randomly do specific things. sounds like it was set somewhere, and Stand-In Switches sound like the best place, unless you have Pedal 3 assigned in various places on the MIDI pages.

Reactions: yek
Success. I think that was it. Deleted the assignment and the behavior went away. I had the top right button on the fm9 assigned it on hold to engage the tuner.

Learn something new everyday thanks to everyone.

Attachments

• IMG_20240419_100105.jpg
    IMG_20240419_100105.jpg
    1,018.8 KB · Views: 16
Back
Top Bottom