Will Duel Amp Blocks Ever Happen Within The FM3 Architecture?

I'd be curious why anyone needs two different amps simultaneously. Two separate cabs + gain pedals + gapless switching/channels covers a lot of ground.

That said, 10+ years ago I had a pedalboard with 5-6 Wampler pedals. Black 65, Tweed, Plexi, Brown Sound, Vox... etc. Consider getting an amp in the box pedal if you really need to combine sounds.

Sean Meredith-Jones

If dual amps are your thing, wouldn't you just buy an FM9? I think the FM3 is geared for us that use simple rigs!!

Consider getting an amp in the box pedal if you really need to combine sounds.
Phasing issues are real
I've tried to put two drive blocks in parallel with an amp block just to see if this can potentially work, and phasing killed this idea

Last edited:
I'd be curious why anyone needs two different amps simultaneously. Two separate cabs + gain pedals + gapless switching/channels covers a lot of ground.

That said, 10+ years ago I had a pedalboard with 5-6 Wampler pedals. Black 65, Tweed, Plexi, Brown Sound, Vox... etc. Consider getting an amp in the box pedal if you really need to combine sounds.

Sean Meredith-Jones
I had a live stereo rig with a 65 Amps London Pro and Brunetti Pleximan into a stereo 2x12 cab. Big, bold clean on one amp, edge of breakup on the other, great tones with that rig. The different amps helped widen the stereo image.

I have an FM3 but am using the Axe III pretty much exclusively these days. I created a few dual amp presets but have settled on running a single amp block with 2 IRs hard panned L/R to get the same wide stereo image.

Back
Top Bottom