FM3 Firmware Version 8.00 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found a bug: After "Preset > Save a copy ..." (FM3 Edit), the FM3 screen is greyed out. (Greyed out = similar when you scroll through presets on the unit itself without entering one).
I need to manually change presets to "activate" the normal screen.

Last edited:
Recently, at a "family" event I met a lovely man who spoke to me as I wore my Fractal t-shirt. "Are you into guitars..." and the conversation lasted for a good hour or two. He told me about how he taught guitar for 30 years (in Canada),and had amongst other guitars an early Murphy Lab LP, and now played a Mk4 Boogie amp. He was (is) a real guitar/amp nerd in the way that Mr. Bonamassa would be proud to call him a friend. :)

I told him about my FM3, but I had a certain amount of reserve in my mind as to whether I should invite him over to try the FM3.
I felt that with his experience he may think that things would sound digital.

Now, after the firmware update, I would be happy to drag him here by his guitar lead and plug him in.

I am stunned as to how great things now sound.

It has been said 100 times before, but thank you Fractal, you are the best!!! I hold my head up high with pride to be part of the Fractal gang!

Found a weird bug. I routinely use GGD Cali for my IRs, and I just loaded a new one into the cab manager. Every time I try and load that specific IR into the cab block, the FM3 makes a permanent "eeeeeeee" sound and freezes until I shut it off manually.

Found a weird bug. I routinely use GGD Cali for my IRs, and I just loaded a new one into the cab manager. Every time I try and load that specific IR into the cab block, the FM3 makes a permanent "eeeeeeee" sound and freezes until I shut it off manually.

What is "GGD Cali"?

FWIW, my GGD Oversized Cali exported WAV’s are working just fine on my end.

FWIW, my GGD Oversized Cali exported WAV’s are working just fine on my end.

The rest of mine are as well. But I've been using them for years and this is literally the first time this has ever happened, so I think it was pretty reasonable to presume it was bug-related.

The rest of mine are as well. But I've been using them for years and this is literally the first time this has ever happened, so I think it was pretty reasonable to presume it was bug-related.

It could be a 'corrupt' user cab slot, even if it shows up as empty. I have experienced such a thing in the past.
Try clearing it in Manage Cabs (right click > Clear). Or use Fractal-Bot to send a valid IR to that slot.

Hey, don´t know if anyone already tested or if is having the same issue as myself.

My Moog Expression pedal with this beta release is not working propertly, after several calibrations, when I engage the expresion the block turns on but the range of the wha wha is quite low when activated, don´t know if I am expressing well for your understanding.

Can someone check please ?

Thanks
I have 2 Moog Exp Pedals on my board and they work the same after upgrade to 8.
Make sure you didn't turn the pot on the side by accident.

It could be a 'corrupt' user cab slot, even if it shows up as empty. I have experienced such a thing in the past.
Try clearing it in Manage Cabs (right click > Clear). Or use Fractal-Bot to send a valid IR to that slot.

Troubleshooted a bit and looks like it was just a super cursed IR. Very weird timing to show up now, but at least it's not FM3 related. 👍

The IR in question will be reported to the proper authorities for its treasonous acts.

My guess is that those who are reporting large CPU decreases, were using Amp blocks with CPU-heavy tweaks, such as some Speaker parameters, Output Compression etc.

By resetting the amp block, as advised in the current release notes, those parameters are reset to default, and therefore release the CPU load.

IF that's the case, the reports are based on incomparable situations.

Maybe I'm getting confused between units, but I thought the amp block was typically modelled on a separate core from the core that runs the UI and most of the rest of the effects, so higher or lower CPU usage amp block settings wouldn't show on the CPU usage readout, because it's only measuring the core that runs the rest of the grid and the UI.

Maybe I'm getting confused between units, but I thought the amp block was typically modelled on a separate core from the core that runs the UI and most of the rest of the effects, so higher or lower CPU usage amp block settings wouldn't show on the CPU usage readout, because it's only measuring the core that runs the rest of the grid and the UI.

True, I forgot that.

I'm mostly swimming in the factory preset end of the pool. After beta firmware update on top of v7 factor presets I ran FM3 onboard Utilities>Preset>Upgrade all presets. Immediately after that FM3 Edit matching beta preset utility selected all and ran right-click 'reset amp'. I noticed familiar 007-Top Boost:Scene 1 Top Boost was pretty low pitched and actually kinda gnarly. I had fun with that a few minutes then I reloaded the v7 banks and just ran just the FM3 Edit preset utility 'reset amp' again but no FM3 onboard upgrade all presets. Things seem back to normal now. So far, so good. Turtles all the way down.
I read the latest wiki reset amp section.

Found a bug: After "Preset > Save a copy ..." (FM3 Edit), the FM3 screen is greyed out. (Greyed out = similar when you scroll through presets on the unit itself without entering one).
I need to manually change presets to "activate" the normal screen.
Tried it and nothing greyed out man, strange .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom