Powerstage 170

jamesf0622

Running my FM9 through a Powerstage 170, no cab block in the fractal, into a 2x12 cab. The sound is fizzy and processed sounding. Any thoughts, tips, or solutions?

Here’s the backstory - I’m working on a set of presets to use on stage. I currently use a standard pedal board through a JP2C, but I really want to incorporate the FM9. I just got the Powerstage in the mail so I’m trying to build a preset for it. I considered 4CM into the JP2C and built a preset for that which sounds amazing, but I’d rather have a more simple setup so I don’t have to lug around the amp and/or have the Powerstage as a backup in case of emergency.

The amp block is on. Using the JP2C Red for my heavy setting and the JP2C green for the clean to keep it familiar to my actual amp. I have the settings run similar to what I would normally use on the amp. I have the signal split so that I can run FOH as well as through my cab on stage.

The tone isn’t horrible, but still more processed sounding than I’d like. Maybe try a different amp sim?

Attachments

• IMG_7139.jpeg
    IMG_7139.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 40
Here’s the backstory - I’m working on a set of presets to use on stage. I currently use a standard pedal board through a JP2C, but I really want to incorporate the FM9. I just got the Powerstage in the mail so I’m trying to build a preset for it. I considered 4CM into the JP2C and built a preset for that which sounds amazing, but I’d rather have a more simple setup so I don’t have to lug around the amp and/or have the Powerstage as a backup in case of emergency.

The amp block is on. Using the JP2C Red for my heavy setting and the JP2C green for the clean to keep it familiar to my actual amp. I have the settings run similar to what I would normally use on the amp. I have the signal split so that I can run FOH as well as through my cab on stage.

The tone isn’t horrible, but still more processed sounding than I’d like. Maybe try a different amp sim?
It seems like you have your signal flow in a manner that should work. I use a PS 170 with my FM9 into a cab, and it sounds great. (Well, to me at least) Did you leave power amp emulation on? I do. Maybe a different sim, or put a looper in line, and then try adjusting the amp settings to see if that helps. Good luck!

It seems like you have your signal flow in a manner that should work. I use a PS 170 with my FM9 into a cab, and it sounds great. (Well, to me at least) Did you leave power amp emulation on? I do. Maybe a different sim, or put a looper in line, and then try adjusting the amp settings to see if that helps. Good luck!
What amp sim do you use?

The Savage 120, IIC+, Bogner, Roland 120, 5153, and SLO 100 mostly. They all sound good through the PS 170.
I played around with some different amps. I’m really happy with how the Revv Gen models sound. Used the 5 band Mark style EQ to shape the sound.

I could have probably kept tweaking and got the other to work, but the Revv model hit real quick, there was no need to keep searching.

I’m just glad it turned out to be operator error.

I'd put a PEQ block in front of the Duncan. Try the BLOCKING type for band 5. Experiment with different settings.

Back
Top Bottom