Redsound MF10s or Laney LFR 2x12

rustyshed

Inspired
Hi Everyone,
Anyone have experience with both of these frfr options, I have the Redsounds and they are great, but looking for another option for certain shows and would like some feedback on comparisons in sound of both.

Thanks in advance .

I haven't played the Laney but I own the FR10 and it's pretty great. John Cordy, a pretty highly regarded player among the guitar community, has played both and said he prefers the FR series.

I haven't played the Laney but I own the FR10 and it's pretty great. John Cordy, a pretty highly regarded player among the guitar community, has played both and said he prefers the FR series.
You mean he prefers the laneys over the redsounds?

No I meant in that video he mentions that he's tried most of the popular speakers, and that he recommends the FR12 over all of them.

No I meant in that video he mentions that he's tried most of the popular speakers, and that he recommends the FR12 over all of them.

Paid promotion though.
Im not sure if I can take it as gospel if you know what I mean.

Nice tones though.

Last edited:
Personally, I think FRFR cabs are mainly a marketing gimmick. The Redsound and Laney both sound great, but they aren't really FRFR, or they'd sound the same.

Another option is a good powered PA from QSC or Yamaha. They cost a lot less than a "FRFR" cab and sound just as good to me. The cool thing about a PA is that if your presets are built on a PA, then theyo should translate pretty well for your live shows assuming the setup has a decent PA. Of course, stage volume is a lot different than house volume, so they won't sound exactly the same, but pretty close.

That's just my two cents.
I agree with you, my presets are setup in my studio through monitors and sub so they always sound good through FOH.

I have many different rigs, my question revolves around the need for a frfr cab setup on stage for visual appearance, nothing else I am happy with the sounds I am getting.

I just need a cab setup on stage so looking at the idea of buying two of these for stereo monitoring.

Who says you need a cab on stage? Nothing at all on stage - clean stage - is some people's ideal.
Don't mean to tell you your business, just supporting you doing whatever YOU want to do.

Last edited:
FWIW, he didn't get paid to try the FR-12. He's sponsored by TrueFire so it has to say "paid promotion.".
Ok makes sense. Anyway it’s just another single speaker cab I have two different ones which I’m more than happy with so looking for a 2x12s or similar.

Just interested in anyone’s and everyone’s experience of the laney or similar matrix etc 2x speakers frfr cabs.

Both sound great, but as others have said, it might not be worth the extra cost compared to a quality PA.

As far as the "stage look", I wouldn't worry about it, but that's just me. To me, it's more about the sound than the look.

Arguably, a PA makes a better live monitor than a FRFR because it should be closer to what the audience is hearing.

Interested in your answer, Did you get rid of it? Or why do you not use it?
I bought a Bogner 100w head and needed a 4x12 cab for it, and lost interest in my Digital rig, I wasn't recording anymore and playing live with tube amps was my new thing haha.
I am now recording again and back to digital so was thinking of getting another one, It really was a killer match for my Axe3

Oh your gonna be crank'd up wow
I remember researching it before I bought and heard good things, and when I played through it I was stoked to realize
My presets were already sounding the way I wanted them to sound, you should be happy with

Oh your gonna be crank'd up wow
I remember researching it before I bought and heard good things, and when I played through it I was stoked to realize
My presets were already sounding the way I wanted them to sound, you should be happy with
Yep I’m already hearing that I don’t need to do a lot of anything to my presets . Let’s aee how rehearsal goes.

Back
Top Bottom