FM9 Firmware Version 7.00 public beta (1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Plexi 100 model isn’t sitting well with me with the update. Other models are just fine, but hitting up that first Plexi 100 preset and all the models sounds very “under a blanket” to me. The bottom end doesn’t sound very good, either. Maybe it’s just me or I’m doing something wrong.

Gigged the beta last night, definitely worthy of the Cygnus X3 badge. I run about 6 amp models in my live preset and there was notable improvements across them all. Better definition in the lows and highs, less mud/harshness but clearer all, more punchy and improved angriness.

We recently introduced fall to pieces by velvet revolver. The solo is Slash's signature neck pickup, Les Paul into Marshall fat, compressed, yet still clean and glassy. I run a Les Paul into the Brit 800 #34 as my main amp and last night the tone for this solo felt right on the money, so inspiring.

I had a couple of human glitches due some layout changes I made recently but nothing firmware related that I spotted.

Awesome stuff!!

Refresh After New Firmware has nothing to do with presets.

It forces the editor to rescan the block definitions from the hardware.

But why are you wanting to reload your presets?
Why wouldn’t I want to reload the presets I’ve made? I’ve put a lot of time getting my signal chain and tweaks together in my presets. I have a preset per song for my band so it would take forever to remake those from scratch.

Why wouldn’t I want to reload the presets I’ve made? I’ve put a lot of time getting my signal chain and tweaks together in my presets. I have a preset per song for my band so it would take forever to remake those from scratch.
If you backed up your presets, that is merely an offline copy on your computer. They remain on the unit.

If you didn't actually remove them (or delete them) from the unit, there is nothing to "reload" -- your presets remain as they were saved (in previous FW).

However, per the release notes certain parameters are automatically reset when they are recalled into active memory. If you didn't change those in your tweaked presets, then there isn't anything to do except audition them to make sure you like them with the new FW (and optionally resave -- but then you can't use those presets in a prior FW, so make sure you have a backup from the previous FW!).

If you did change one or more of those parameters you'd have to manually set them back.

T
If you backed up your presets, that is merely an offline copy on your computer. They remain on the unit.

If you didn't actually remove them (or delete them) from the unit, there is nothing to "reload" -- your presets remain as they were saved (in previous FW).

However, per the release notes certain parameters are automatically reset when they are recalled into active memory. If you didn't change those in your tweaked presets, then there isn't anything to do except audition them to make sure you like them with the new FW (and optionally resave -- but then you can't use those presets in a prior FW, so make sure you have a backup from the previous FW!).

If you did change one or more of those parameters you'd have to manually set them back.
Thank you!

Did you update the presets or do the refresh after new firmware?
Refresh After New Firmware has nothing to do with how the presets sound. It forces the editor to re-read the block definitions from the hardware.

It only affects the editor functionality.

Holy cr*p the Amp updates in this FW update are unreal :dizzy:

I was slightly sceptical that I'd notice much difference, but wow ... the response to my playing style feels so organic now, so close to true analog Amp feel. I don't know how you've achieved this, but it's absolutely amazing, thank you :D

Played in this morning’s worship service. The input gate improvement is incredible! My guitar was almost silent and I didn’t have to crank the threshold up sacrificing sustain or increase the ratio. We have lights on a dimmer and they have caused me a lot of problems historically but no more! I didn’t even need adjust my input gate settings.

I installed the new firmware and then did the preset update, both through Fractalbot. :)
Seems all is good at your end. I’ve since changed cab IRS for some of my Marshall presets to ones I would not normally use get the output where I want it.

Generally I’m super impressed with the new modelling it is very close to my real Marshall amps. Many of the subtle textures, nuisances annd interactions are there now.

Seems all is good at your end. I’ve since changed cab IRS for some of my Marshall presets to ones I would not normally use get the output where I want it.

Generally I’m super impressed with the new modelling it is very close to my real Marshall amps. Many of the subtle textures, nuisances annd interactions are there now.

Which IR’s do you use? I haven’t done much at all in terms of alternate IR’s. I’m very new to Fractal (got my FM9 back in December) and was using Kemper before that…mind you, that’s in addition to the real tube amps I tend to use most of the time. So my experience is limited, for sure.

What I’m finding is that the Plexi models in the first Plexi preset (I think it’s like, what…number 9 or so?) are bass heavy without a lot of high end projection. Even when pulling the bass down and the treble and presence up to 8, I’m finding the bottom end to be unclear and not very pleasing. Before, it wasn’t an issue.

Again, other models are faring much better for me. The Friedman BE V3 model is fantastic. I get a lot of smiles out of that. :)

I did the update as usual, read the notes about existing presets updating automatically (after recalling and saving them) but even after saving, if I leave that scene or preset and go back the edited light comes back on even if nothing is changed… Not a big deal seemingly, but odd.

I dumped my unit and have the v7 beta and stock updates. They do sound better than expected. I have yet to record though. Happy to 'start over" for reorganization of my saved faves. The more I learn, the less I know.

I did the update as usual, read the notes about existing presets updating automatically (after recalling and saving them) but even after saving, if I leave that scene or preset and go back the edited light comes back on even if nothing is changed… Not a big deal seemingly, but odd.
Are you sure it's not only showing up on scene changes?

There's a global setting for whether or not a scene change is considered a change. It's not new...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom