AFIII Def Leppard Hysteria cover with amazing choptones preset

Dude! Fantastic tones. And you seamlessly flow between the three or four different guitar parts -- you made some great choices. (Def Leppard fanboy here)

Three weeks ago I got a call from the band Mojo Gypsy. They had a show here in Fort Walton Beach. Their guitarist got in a wreck on the way to the show so I was lucky enough to get a call to fill-in This is one of the songs that we did and it shows how amazing this preset is

Pretty good buddy.

Good job brother! I had to go back and listen to the original as I completely forgot how clean/undistorted the track was.

A couple of observations if I may...

Your part was good. The clean tone on the original record is practically impossible to replicate, a compressed highly eq tone with most frequencies pulled down or completely out... but the tone you used in the performance was better than anything I've seen recently done by anyone else.

The vocals however were ruined by the lady doing the high harmony. The main singer sounded quite good but the harmony completely wrecked the overall sound of that song. There are some high harmonies on the record but not all the way through like she was doing. Next time you play, give her the wrong location..

A couple of observations if I may...

Your part was good. The clean tone on the original record is practically impossible to replicate, a compressed highly eq tone with most frequencies pulled down or completely out... but the tone you used in the performance was better than anything I've seen recently done by anyone else.

The vocals however were ruined by the lady doing the high harmony. The main singer sounded quite good but the harmony completely wrecked the overall sound of that song. There are some high harmonies on the record but not all the way through like she was doing. Next time you play, give her the wrong location..
That D, Dsus, C progression was recorded one string at a time so all the notes hit at the same time. Pretty much impossible to replicate live.

That D, Dsus, C progression was recorded one string at a time so all the notes hit at the same time. Pretty much impossible to replicate live.
That's correct, but the clean single note intro before that is so difficult to tone match. You think it's just a clean chorus tone but It has a very specific ping on the open g string. I've never really heard an accurate replica of that in any hysteria presets. The whole album is like that. People think it's just a rockman tone, it's not though, its massively eq'd rockman and different on each track.

That's correct, but the clean single note intro before that is so difficult to tone match. You think it's just a clean chorus tone but It has a very specific ping on the open g string. I've never really heard an accurate replica of that in any hysteria presets. The whole album is like that. People think it's just a rockman tone, it's not though, its massively eq'd rockman and different on each track.
Sounds direct to me.

Back
Top Bottom