Fm3 beta firmware

I doubt they would drop new firmware during the holidays. These guys deserve a break. It's been a very good year for FAS users!
There have been a lot of firmware changes and updates on the axe 3.
So much that it must require a lot of work to get them to the other units.

I’m sure we’ll get some of the improvements next year.

As far as I m concerned the new algorithms and gapeless is enough

Axe release is out! Cliff said ours comes out when the Axe is released! Whooop!! Edit: Lol just saw it was out yesterday, thought it was just now. But this could be the day.

Last edited:
Axe release is out! Cliff said ours comes out when the Axe is released! Whooop!! Edit: Lol just saw it was out yesterday, thought it was just now. But this could be the day.
My understanding is that FM3 firmware is currently in private beta, and Cliff stated that once the official AxeIII FW was out, he'd approve a public beta for the FM3. From the posts I've read, the forum seems to have confirmed gapless switching, improvements in the modeling algorithm, as well as all the new amp models from the AxeIII. Additionally, the gapless update was apparently ready some time ago but they decided to delay its release in order to include the new amp models and as much as possible from the impending AxeIII update.

I expect this to be a significant update, possibly even jumping directly to FW 8.0. Here's hoping for Firmware Friday! 🥰

Last edited:
My understanding is that FM3 firmware is currently in private beta, and Cliff stated that once the official AxeIII FW was out, he'd approve a public beta for the FM3. From the posts I've read, the forum seems to have confirmed gapless switching, improvements in the modeling algorithm, as well as all the new amp models from the AxeIII. Additionally, the gapless update was apparently ready some time ago but they decided to delay its release in order to include the new amp models and as much as possible from the impending AxeIII release.

I expect this to be a significant update, possibly even jumping directly to FW 8.0. Here's hoping for Firmware Friday! 🥰
It has to be today, not Friday

I’m beginning to think it’s never coming… 😔
Somehow you found this thread, but the top post on this subforum was consistently been the one with updates about the firmware for the past couple weeks. They delayed it until the new amp modelling in the Axe FX was done rather than split them into two updates, and now that it's out on Axe they can finalise it on the FM3, finish their private beta testing, then push it to public beta.

Cliff said "maybe tomorrow" yesterday, but if they found any issues that need fixing first then it could still slip further. But all signs appear imminent.

Back
Top Bottom