Compulsory Eclipse pics

My sisters is a retired 50 year ICU RN, and all she kept texting was be careful and don’t look at it long. Then she goes into how as you get older the cells in your retinas are weaker and damage easier. Uhg. Due to all the trauma and death she has witnessed I think she’s a bit of a hypochondriac. Oh well, she means well.
Well, in her defense, this RN can agree with her. I made the mistake of looking at one directly in my younger days and it affected my vision for days. Fortunately, here in TX we got a brief look with the naked eye for today's show. It was pretty awesome to see how dark it got for just under 4 minutes.

Well, in her defense, this RN can agree with her. I made the mistake of looking at one directly in my younger days and it affected my vision for days. Fortunately, here in TX we got a brief look with the naked eye for today's show. It was pretty awesome to see how dark it got for just under 4 minutes.
Just to be clear she knew I had proper glasses, but she insisted they’re not perfect. We only got 91% and that’s enough to damage your eyes. I sort of wish I drove the 4 to five hours to see totality. The weather forecast kept looking questionable that way all weekend and did have showers this morning, but from what I hear a nice size area cleared in time.

You’re correct the sun is nothing to mess with. I have the start of Macular Degeneration and if I go out on bright days without proper sunglasses when I come in all I can see are white and dark blotches. It’s been getting worse and I need to wear glasses all the time outside. Sometimes I forget and go get the mail or something and that’s all it takes.

The weather forecast kept looking questionable that way all weekend and did have showers this morning, but from what I hear a nice size area cleared in time.
I hear ya. We had clouds before, during and after. Luckily, we had a couple of breaks during totality. I began believing about 5 minutes prior that we wouldn't see anything at all. The best part was seeing how dark it became for 3 minutes and 50 seconds.

Back
Top Bottom