Best way to get Wah, Volume and Whammy from one expression pedal in all scenes

TheloniusJ mentioned that there could be a way to make the multiplexer work with send and return blocks though.

Would the control switches and step sequencer have a lot of cpu overhead?
The multiplexer w/ send & return could work if you don't need the signal to be stereo at the volume control point. It would require more grid space, blocks and CPU% (I think) than what I initially described though.

The extra modifiers (CS on Seq. step parameter, Seq. on 2 bypasses + M-Plex input select) didn't even show an 0.1% CPU increase here on an Axe-FX III Turbo.

I decided to have 500grams (about 1lbs) more in the bag and just only have to concentrate on playing wirhout too much tap dancing. Still interesting to read all what can be done and how creative some users can be. The FAS units are really incredible. Great thread.

^^^THIS.
Still very much a newb, I had a tendency to try to add every conceivable option
to every preset. Migraine headaches soon set in! My brain was mush trying to remember what I did.

Now, before I do anything, it's 'Can this be done simply?', or even better,
'What's the absolute simplest way to do this?'

Life, and playing time, is way too short.

The problem with being overly clever with a solution is that we then have to remember WTF it was we did and how it worked. I had some situations I'd "clevered" my way through, and then six months later decided I'd been backed into a corner by the complexity and tore it out of the presets and took the straightforward route.

It wasn't as cool but I can glance at it and know exactly how it works.
Can’t tell you how many times this has applied to me, lol. So completely true.

I decided to have 500grams (about 1lbs) more in the bag and just only have to concentrate on playing wirhout too much tap dancing. Still interesting to read all what can be done and how creative some users can be. The FAS units are really incredible. Great thread.
Yeah I might ultimately go down that road at some point.

I'm just coming from a big pedal board traditional rig and I got the FM9 with the intention of downsizing. So I want to use as little gear as possible with it.
At the moment, I have one expression and then a dual foot switch for stand-in switches. So all the pedal jacks are used atm and I don't have room to add another expression pedal. I might be able to get away without the dual foot switch so maybe I'll get a second expression pedal anyway.

I'm just coming from a big pedal board traditional rig and I got the FM9 with the intention of downsizing. So I want to use as little gear as possible with it.
At the moment, I have one expression and then a dual foot switch for stand-in switches. So all the pedal jacks are used atm and I don't have room to add another expression pedal. I might be able to get away without the dual foot switch so maybe I'll get a second expression pedal anyway.
Hi, actually I'm on a FM3 and without the dual foot switch I'd be a dead man 😉. In my case I had to add a Voes MX5 that permits me to have an extra EXP input for the second EXP pedal and the two exp inputs of the FM3 are occupied by a double stand in switch (cheapo hotone one that actually is solid as a rock) and one exp pedal.
The only trick I allowed myself is to use the MX5 switches with a hold function for scenes 5 to 8. The second page of the MX5 does the amp/patch selection between 8 main kitchen sink patches. FM3 buttons on perform page for switching up to 3 effects and the hold functions of the FM3 buttons for switching to to songlist, tap/tuner and Loop pages or back to the perform page.
Maybe with a FM9 it is possible without the dual switch. It all fits in a Gator gig bag that also permits me to transport a little portable computer and all my cables (instrument, monitor, FOH and power cables) plus my partitions. And above all....independently of this personal setup, it sounds killer.

Attachments

• 1000010313.jpg
    1000010313.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3

A couple of the forum members are using MIDI aggregators (not the right term but that's the function) to connect multiple expression pedals and switches, which then feed the signals to the modeler via MIDI. There are several threads where they're mentioned and I'll update this if I can remember who they were or where the threads were.

@unix-guy are you using such a gizmo?

Last edited:
A couple of the forum members are using MIDI aggregators (not the right term but that's the function) to connect multiple expression pedals and switches, which then feed the signals to the modeler via MIDI. There are several threads where they're mentioned and I'll update this if I can remember who they were or where the threads were.

@unix-guy are you using such a gizmo?
Hey Greg, yes there are a few solutions. I actually want to free the second FM3 input for a second dual switch and the best I found are these :
Correction : took out The Meris box as it is a 4TRS midi box, not for exp. pedal to midi conversion

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom