Need help with setup (Axe FX3-JCM2000-Boss TAE)

bharjhol

Would these to setups work? What would need to be the specific I/O connections?

1. Using JCM 2000 DSL 50 as the amp with pre and post effects from the Axe FX3 and then dry sound through 2X12 cab and the wet sound
through studio monitors:

Guitar => Axe Fx 3 (Wah, Compressor, Drives) => JCM 2000 DSL 50 => Boss TAE => 2X12 Cabinet
Boss TAE => Axe FX 3 (Cabinet block & Wet Effects) > Studio Monitors

2. Dual amp setup using a guitar splitter to go to the JCM 2000 DSL 50 and the Axe FX3

Guitar => Lehle little dual ii => JCM 2000 DSL 50 => Boss TAE => 2X12 Cabinet
Guitar => Lehle little dual ii => Axe FX (Dry Efects, Amp, Cab, Wet Effects) Preset > Studio Monitors

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
And then later realize all you really need is the Axe :)
I do find a different in feel when I add a real guitar cabinet in addition to the studio monitors. I play at home only and the 3 D feel and wall of sound with this setup, I find to be worth the effort.

I do find a different in feel when I add a real guitar cabinet in addition to the studio monitors. I play at home only and the 3 D feel and wall of sound with this setup, I find to be worth the effort.

Yeah I hear you. The real cab in the room is fun. You can always play the Axe through a real cab, though, either by using something like a Fryette PowerStation or running the Axe into the effects loop of your amp.

Yeah I hear you. The real cab in the room is fun. You can always play the Axe through a real cab, though, either by using something like a Fryette PowerStation or running the Axe into the effects loop of your amp.
Yes I have that setup through a power amp, but I just got a JCM 2000 DSL50 so was wondering how I could use it LOL.

So I will now have 2 setup. One with just the Axe with two monitors and a cabinet through a Matrix. And the second will probably be 2. above.

Tried it today. You were 100% right!!! Just don't need a tube amp when you have an Axe FX3!

Ha, nice! I still have a couple tube amps, so I get it, but I hardly ever even turn them on. Especially for basic sounds like Marshall and Fender - the Axe has everything you could possibly need. It sounds so good and it’s so much more convenient than real amps.

Back
Top Bottom