Ibanez MiKro Bass anyone have one?

Yes. Had 2 but sold one. Kept the better of the two. Biggest hurdle initially was bridge adjustments for intonation. The stock bridge needed some extreme adjustment on a couple strings to get them in pitch up the neck. A better bridge would help.

I replaced the stock plastic tone & pickup knobs with better metal ones. The thickness of the wood face at the knobs above the routed body housing the electronics is very thin and prone to splitting at the knob shaft. Add a pickguard or something to beef it up there.

I know others who've done full replacement of all hardware and pickups and are very happy. I think the Mikro is a good value and sounds better than you'd expect IF you get a good one. QC is all over the map. The short scale is really comfortable and I do like the tonal peculiarities of short scale.

@jimfist Hey thanks for the info! I've had mine for about 3 weeks and LOVE it!
After watching several videos and reading a bunch, I have a new Hipshot Bad Ass bridge,
EMG passive pickup set (first EMG's I will own) knobs to fit the metric shafts 6M, and some Gotoh tuners.
Since I have the tools when its apart, I'll do a level, crown and polish.
This thing is so fun to play!

I appreciate the tip about the wood thickness for the controls!!

Back
Top Bottom