Wish Gallien Krueger 2001RB

Only going from memory here, so FWIW. The original 800RB had that trademark GK sound vs. the 1001RB/2001RB, which sound similar, but are less obviously colored tonally. It's never been my expectation that the 1001/2001 were supposed to exactly mimic the 800. GK now makes legacy amps that do just that. In many ways I prefer the 1001RB since it isn't as narrowly focused, tonally.

Comparing the two series is more like comparing siblings as opposed to identical twins. Many similar characteristics, yet just a tad different.
Appreciate it
Log back in: at least, can't Fractal give some props to the fact that they print the schematics on the back*:

https://media.sweetwater.com/m/prod....jpg?quality=82&width=750&ha=f4eb0b8664d1d06c

*Ok, not exactly the schematics, but it's cool to help out your tech.
i have the whole package if you need copies!

IRs or ToneMatch?

In either case you're really only going to get the EQ delta from those and not any differences in gain, compression, etc...
IRs. Just for the EQ curve, and then trying to build out the rest of the amp with existing amps in fractal.

Common comment: "Just use a tone match and you're good"
Reality: Drive pedal<Amp block<Cab block 1< Cab block 2. Still not quiet there... but close. Not nice on the cpu thats for sure.

Back
Top Bottom