A little fractal story

Rayzo1975

So today Mark’s a bit of an end of an era. About two years ago I got a fractal audio FM3, secondhand off of marketplace. The reason for this purchase was, at the time, I was recording my friends third album and wanted some more authentic guitar tones to really polish my sound. After years of recording albums with him, I’d saved up enough to buy a secondhand unit. After receiving the unit the whole recording world changed for me. My friends fourth album sounded better than I ever anticipated and the guitar tones were true and faithful. Unfortunately, today is my friends funeral, as he passed away from cancer three weeks ago. I’m pretty sure his album fifth album would’ve sounded fantastic. I still intend to do Music, just a bit of an end of an era & I thought I’d share it as I’m feeling a little nostalgic.

Sorry for your loss, keep the memories of all the good times and music moments you had together because friends will be friends forever (as a well known song says... but it's not just a song)

A quote from Dr. Seuss ..., although I originally heard it from a very unlikely source ( David Bakhtiari - Green Bay Packers ) ....

"Don't Cry because it's over ...,
Smile because it happened ...."

Sorry for your loss !

Last edited:
So sorry for your loss. The recordings you made together will live on, and the memories making them are yours to keep as well. I, too, have lost a great vocalist friend with whom I had several recordings with. His family was so grateful that they still have his voice to listen to on the recordings.

Everyone has been so absolutely lovely here. I thought I’d update you with a positive. My friend who passed, had his will read the other day and it turns out that he left me a rather nice present.
What a legend!

View attachment 137716View attachment 137718
This is a picture of my friend Garry. The beautiful little girl that he’s cuddling is also something he left to me and my family. She means the absolute world to me and she is beautiful. What an absolute legend that guy was. RIP mate.

Back
Top Bottom