My reaction after taking a break

Status
Not open for further replies.
In here, yes. There's a big world outside of here where people have different opinions.

You have not. You can say you've completely wrung it out all you want, none of us are touching the full potential of these things.

For you, and your workflow. For me and mine, too! But I'm never going to tell someone what the right tool is for them, or suggest they're an idiot if they think otherwise. That's what you did, that's what I took issue with.

So you couldn't figure out the Helix. Nothing wrong with that, and it's great you found the right tool for you.

You'll just cast aspersions if they do, in fact, find something else works better for them.
Nope, that opinion was across the board and not just from this site, so please don't try and tell me Fractal does not have the superior reputation that we all know it has.

In all the years I've had my Helix, I did pretty much try everything. My presets sounded a lot better than most. Don't tell me I 'have not' tried everything in that respect. You know literally nothing about what you're talking about.

I haven't told anyone they are an idiot, I just disagreed with what was said, and if you agree with me, what the hell are you arguing for? Just because I questioned the OP? What is it to you?

Yeah you see again, you're quoting things I haven't said. Read my post again. I've never said I couldn't figure out the Helix, I said the opposite, I dialled the hell out of it for years, it was okay, it never produced particularly satisfying high gain tones. I bought an FM3.. it was a different ball game for tone.

So I said to the OP just use what sounds better, and you've replied to that by saying that I will just cast aspersions if he does. Where do you start with such a lame comment? Does that mean he shouldn't use the Helix in case he's frightened by anything I might say? We're on a forum to debate this stuff, anyone who can't handle someone else's opinion perhaps shouldn't participate - but that sounds more like you than the OP

Nope, that opinion was across the board and not just from this site, so please don't try and tell me Fractal does not have the superior reputation that we all know it has.

In all the years I've had my Helix, I did pretty much try everything. My presets sounded a lot better than most. Don't tell me I 'have not' tried everything in that respect. You know literally nothing about what you're talking about.

I haven't told anyone they are an idiot, I just disagreed with what was said, and if you agree with me, what the hell are you arguing for? Just because I questioned the OP? What is it to you?

Yeah you see again, you're quoting things I haven't said. Read my post again. I've never said I couldn't figure out the Helix, I said the opposite, I dialled the hell out of it for years, it was okay, it never produced particularly satisfying high gain tones. I bought an FM3.. it was a different ball game for tone.

So I said to the OP just use what sounds better, and you've replied to that by saying that I will just cast aspersions if he does. Where do you start with such a lame comment? Does that mean he shouldn't use the Helix in case he's frightened by anything I might say? We're on a forum to debate this stuff, anyone who can't handle someone else's opinion perhaps shouldn't participate - but that sounds more like you than the OP
I’m with you. Spent years dialing in helix, I’m even featured on Line 6’s marketplace website as a preset maker. After having fractal, when I go back to helix, even my own popular helix presets, there’s just no comparison. Literally the default amp settings and matching 57+121 stock IRs on fractal gave me a far better / more accurate AC30 tone than I was ever able to dial in on Helix after 4 years full time on that platform.

Last edited:
I’m with you. Spent years dialing in helix, I’m even featured on Line 6’s marketplace website as a preset maker. After having fractal, when I got back to my own helix presets there’s just no comparison.
Absolutely, and this is the story I was hearing from practically everyone before I had my own FM3. I fire up my Helix every week just to see if my opinion has changed and it never does. The ambient tones can be fine, but the rock stuff is very harsh and thin sounding, very digital sounding

By garbage I guess my initial reaction was “this sounds thin and frail” the overdrive was harsher in the highs and didn’t have the squishy sag I dialed in on the HX stomp. I’ve since made it better but now I’m using IEM’s and the suck is back… I can’t enjoy IEM’s for the life of me.
Do you mean you are using iem for playing live or that’s how you monitor on your own?

If the former, I share your pain. The main thing that kills them live are mono monitor sends, and no room ambience mixed in. At some point I’d like to get some ported iem to get some room ambience back.

At home, I just use the AT M50s. Not the best headphones, but I know them well and am happy with them.

Sean Meredith-Jones

To each their own? Definitely a fanboy at this point. Was running all analog after years of racks and what not. Got an AxeFx IIxl+ at the suggestion of Mr. Gabel, for Holdsworthian tones, and haven't looked back.

The competition works for many, and I respect that, but even if matched tonally in every respect, the competition's interfaces are like fingernails on a chalkboard for me. 🤷🏻 Glad you got things sorted @GuyJames! I miss Hawaii; enjoy it! Cheers. 🤙🏼

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom