Your experience with Ampero II Stage?

Roadrunner

Power User
Hi.
The Ampero II Stage looks like a VERY cool little floor unit which could be use as a backup / small gigs. Giving it a quick look, it has few goodies like B.T connection for Android and IOS based smartphones + the app and also for a PC, not to mentioned the touch screen.
It is loaded nicely with amps, FX, etc, anyone had one or have one and compared it vs. FM3/9?

Anybody know what can be different between scenes?
All "blocks" and their settings are the same, just some on or off in each scene?
Something else?

I didn't pay attention but Leon covers it in his last two videos. I just scrolled through but he creates a few scenes within a preset, I just don't remember what's inside.

I didn't pay attention but Leon covers it in his last two videos. I just scrolled through but he creates a few scenes within a preset, I just don't remember what's inside.
I watched the vid linked above, don't * think * he mentioned that, but maybe I missed it.

All "blocks" and their settings are the same, just some on or off in each scene?
Something else?
Scenes include on/off states AND settings for each block. So I could have Scene 1 with a clean amp, Scene 2 with a dirty amp and one OD to feed both with totally different settings for each Scene. That's a plus because the CPU runs out pretty quick if you're trying to build a kitchen sink preset. I did just that for the video below.

Sound-wise, it can't compete with anything Fractal Audio make. I'm not sure they want to either. You'll find 4-6 parameters, maximum, for most blocks which keeps it simple. None of the amps (in my experience) have the resolution, authenticity or detailed complexity that we're fortunately used to with Fractal products. There's latency too - not a lot - but it's noticeable. Other than that, the Ampero II Stage makes for a good grab-'n-go solution and will suit most people whose modeller choice might be dictated by price point.

Scenes include on/off states AND settings for each block. So I could have Scene 1 with a clean amp, Scene 2 with a dirty amp and one OD to feed both with totally different settings for each Scene. That's a plus because the CPU runs out pretty quick if you're trying to build a kitchen sink preset. I did just that for the video below.

Sound-wise, it can't compete with anything Fractal Audio make. I'm not sure they want to either. You'll find 4-6 parameters, maximum, for most blocks which keeps it simple. None of the amps (in my experience) have the resolution, authenticity or detailed complexity that we're fortunately used to with Fractal products. There's latency too - not a lot - but it's noticeable. Other than that, the Ampero II Stage makes for a good grab-'n-go solution and will suit most people whose modeller choice might be dictated by price point.

Hey Burgs, Love your videos, always great tones.
Just got a Stage 2 as a backup for my Axe 3.
Have you tried using IRs as opposed to cab block? I find the latency is far less noticeable.

Last edited:
Something else?
You can change anything within the block between scenes, level, eq etc. but you can't change block type. It's not as eloquent as the AFX but still does so much considering the price.

Back
Top Bottom