DynaCab "null" IR option?

jimfist

Fractal Fanatic
Is there a way to incorporate a "null" cabinet in Dynacabs that I've overlooked?
I really like Dynacabs for bass guitar, but would like to have the ability to blend a null IR in the second cab slot, as can be done with the legacy cab block.
Or do I need to implement a workaround using a second cab block in parallel as the only current option?
I guess electric guitarists probably don't care about this, but for bass and any other amplified acoustic instrument w/piezo pickup (aku guitar, violin, etc.) that uses IRs as part of the tone emulation, I'd think it would come in handy to have a null IR option in Dynacabs for practical/efficiency reasons, one-stop-shopping for adjustments.
Is creating a null IR Dynacab a particularly difficult task for FAS? All of the parameters that don't apply to the null IR could be disabled.

Constructive thoughts appreciated, thanks.

You can do something like this to achieve the same result, unless you are specifically trying to distort/eq the flat ir with the preamp section.

View attachment 135986
Correct. I'm looking for the "flat" IR to have some of the other parameter goodies available within DynaCab.
I'll have to examine my core presets to see how much cpu room is available to add the 2nd cab block in parallel for the flat IR in legacy mode.

It's really a matter of convenience and fine-tuning rather than a necessity, but IMO it would be cool to have the flat IR included as a Dynacab...
or...a switch parameter on the Dynacab screen to have the signal bypass option into the 2nd cab block...or, a blend/mix parameter on one or both of the dynacab cab slots. Sounds simple on paper to implement, but for certain NOTHING is that simple, right?

I'm thinking wish list, but it's hard for ideas like this to get a lot of traction since they're not critical for the core of Fractal users, and there's already a reasonable workaround.

I'd take a 30-second break from enjoying my morning powdered toast to +1 your wishlist request. It was a feature important enough to be included in the "legacy" cabs. I've definitely used a null cab mixed with a legacy cab for getting bass tones. For these use cases, a null dynacab would be great for convenience’s sake and a cleaner grid.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom