Way to trigger 2 FX with one button?

greiswig

Power User
Hi, all,

I'm new to the FM9, but used to doing this with an RJM Mastermind on an AxeFX. I'd like to be able to trigger both Drive 1 and the Filter 1 block at the same time, so that if I hit the FM9 button that turns on Drive 1, Filter 1 is no longer bypassed. But I'm having a hard time figuring out how to use modifiers or controllers to do that. Is there a way that someone can point me to? Thank you in advance!

other than setting the desired states to two different scenes you can assign a control switch to a footswitch and then right click on the parameter (s) you want to tie to it (in this case the bypass button on each block) and assign them that way
1708825762152.png
1708825806897.png

other than setting the desired states to two different scenes you can assign a control switch to a footswitch (SNIP)
Yup, I already use scenes quite a bit. It's the second half of what you're suggesting that I'm trying to do, but I can't figure out how to assign a control switch to a physical switch in a way that does anything. E.g. I can put in the PP#1 slot that I want it to control Control Switch 1, but then assigning the Drive 1 bypass source to Control Switch 1 just turns on the Drive 1, regardless of the physical switch that is using PP#1.

If I figure out how to make one of these work this way, I should be able to use Control Switch 1 to control any number of things off that one button, right?

you right click on the "bypass" button on the block you want and set the modifier as the control switch (just like you would do with an expression pedal) the max and min values are the on and off here
Many thanks, I appreciate your reply, now I know!

Back
Top Bottom