Wish: Custom Grouping of Blocks (especially Amp and Cab)

Loving the III and the latest firmware. Thanks for all the great work. My wish list has only to do w Axe Edit. Here's one I'd find helpful. Maybe others too.

Wish: The ability to arrange Blocks in custom groups.
...Either with folders or rearrangement of the current list, or any other way. For example, I'd love to have all the Fender, Vox and Marshall types each in their own location, listed contiguously, so I can quickly audition what I'm looking for. Amp and Cab blocks w this feature would be a great improvement to my workflow - especially when you have to find something very quickly.

PS, I know the blocks have to stay in their places on the Axe, I'm speaking of of a superficial level of rearranging if possible.

A bonus would be if you could nickname a block (in my case, mainly Amp and Cab). Of course we can't overwrite the block names, but it would be helpful to be able to assign nicknames or labels. For example, I was looking for Dumble. I haven't reached for it in a while, and I'm looking through the Ds and thinking, "what the hell is it called in here?" Didn't find it very quickly. Started looking through the whole list, then I saw Rumble. I would label/nickname many of the cabs too.

Thanks again for a great product.

Trademarked amp names and the propensity of companies to sue forces us to learn Fractal’s hints at what the real amp is. :-/ But some of them are good jokes so that makes up for it. :)

In the amp, cab and preset pickers we can use sub-string searches, for instance, “umble” which matches "Rumble" and "the D word". Also I find the Wiki’s amp and cab model lists helpful when I can’t find the particular thing I want.

As said above, you can color-code inside the picker screens. Clicking the M button allows you to select multiple names so you can assign them at once, then later you can tell the picker or manager to filter by specific colors. The assignments are based on the name of the amp/cab/preset and can match any other entry that has the same name so you could end up unintentionally assigning other entries; It's not an overly intelligent method but it's functional. (The color assignments are stored in a file in Edit's preference folder BTW.)

You should check out the Library feature, you can name block settings (i.e. "Marshall JCM 800", "Marshall 1960A Cab w/ SM57", etc.)
Hi. Yes, I'm already a fan of the Library. The library works better for me if it doesn't contain too many entries.

I suppose, you could over time save all the Marshall types in there and name them so they're all together (and so on w other types). But it would be great if we could go into a "Manage Cabs" type of thing and move them around. You could choose to see the original list order or your custom list. Underneath the hood each type has a unique identifier, so it doesn't matter what you nickname it or where it is in the list. Just a wish for convenience. Not the end of the world if it never appears.

Trademarked amp names and the propensity of companies to sue forces us to learn Fractal’s hints at what the real amp is. :-/ But some of them are good jokes so that makes up for it. :)

In the amp, cab and preset pickers we can use sub-string searches, for instance, “umble” which matches "Rumble" and "the D word". Also I find the Wiki’s amp and cab model lists helpful when I can’t find the particular thing I want.

As said above, you can color-code inside the picker screens. Clicking the M button allows you to select multiple names so you can assign them at once, then later you can tell the picker or manager to filter by specific colors. The assignments are based on the name of the amp/cab/preset and can match any other entry that has the same name so you could end up unintentionally assigning other entries; It's not an overly intelligent method but it's functional. (The color assignments are stored in a file in Edit's preference folder BTW.)
Hi. Yes, color coding is pretty good. The thing that's missing w color coding is scrolling through the "Filter by Color" list.
After choosing "Filter by Color" in the browser, it lists them all nicely by color. But back in the Cab interface, I like to click on the IR name and use the up and down buttons on the keyboard to audition the next candidate. But it will not scroll through the color coded list, only the entire original list. So it doesn't save much time if you want to audition several candidates.

Back
Top Bottom