Bug? Ghost blocks in FM-9 editor

CheapEdge

Hi,
I know for sure that this has been reported before, but I can't find that thread anymore, sorry.
I installed editor 1.02.06, and the release note says "ghost blocks that occasionally appeared when the unit was disconnected" have been solved.

Now, I've had ghost blocks since 1.02.05, but not when the unit was disconnected, but when I moved through presets in a setlist.
And with 1.02.06 I still have them.

So, as far as I'm concerned: problem with ghost blocks not yet solved.
Are there others who still have this?

I'm using an Windows 10 machine, updated to the latest version.

Agreed. Others have reported it as well in the "fixed" versions of the editors.

Probably best to post it into the thread for whatever version you're currently using.

I also still have this anomaly. Running the latest FM9 firmware and FM9-Edit on a Mac. Not at my unit so I don't recall what version of edit I'm running. I assume it will get fixed with the next firmware & Edit release.

I also still have this anomaly. Running the latest FM9 firmware and FM9-Edit on a Mac. Not at my unit so I don't recall what version of edit I'm running. I assume it will get fixed with the next firmware & Edit release.
It's important to check the editor version as the issue was supposed to have been fixed already.

It's important to check the editor version as the issue was supposed to have been fixed already.
^Yes^

It's supposed to be fixed in FM9-Edit 1.02.06 which is current…
  • Corrected the "ghost" blocks that would occasionally appear when disconnecting the device but leaving the editor open.

During testing of the bug I was able to duplicate the problem immediately, and this version of Edit cleared it up and I couldn't get it to reoccur after many tries. It's possible the bug is more insidious than we thought, but confirming the version is current is the first step.

Actually, I just was able to check the version and I am on the current FM9-Edit version 1.02.06. I am still getting ghost blocks so it's not really fixed yet apparently.

^Yes^

It's supposed to be fixed in FM9-Edit 1.02.06 which is current…

During testing of the bug I was able to duplicate the problem immediately, and this version of Edit cleared it up and I couldn't get it to reoccur after many tries. It's possible the bug is more insidious than we thought, but confirming the version is current is the first step.
Need to check, but I think I am on the latest, and had a couple ghost blocks a night or two ago. Switching presets away and back cleared them. Not sure what I did to make them appear....

I haven’t had the issue with the latest FM9 Edit. I did uninstall the previous version before installing the new version. I read somewhere on this forum that may be more effective.

I haven't used the FM9 much in the last few months. I broke it out this last weekend for smaller gigs. I had this ghost block issue. I had to reboot the FM9 and edit software to clear it out.

I have the ghost blocks with my FM9T when using a 2019 Intel based MAC. When I use my 2021 M1 based MAC there is no issue. I am running 1.02.08 on both of them. I didn't have the issue on previous versions. I don't have this at all with the AXEIII on either MAC.

I have the ghost blocks with my FM9T when using a 2019 Intel based MAC.

I have one of these, too, a Macbook. Tons of issues with them, apparently. I occasionally have the ghost blocks in FM9-Edit, too. Switching to a different preset and back seems to work to clear them in my setup....

Hi,
I know for sure that this has been reported before, but I can't find that thread anymore, sorry.
I installed editor 1.02.06, and the release note says "ghost blocks that occasionally appeared when the unit was disconnected" have been solved.

Now, I've had ghost blocks since 1.02.05, but not when the unit was disconnected, but when I moved through presets in a setlist.
And with 1.02.06 I still have them.

So, as far as I'm concerned: problem with ghost blocks not yet solved.
Are there others who still have this?

I'm using an Windows 10 machine, updated to the latest version.
Update 2024-02-12.
I have just installed FW 6.0 and Editor version 1.02.09.
Upon installation of the new Editor I followed the advise of some of the members below to completely remove the earlier version and only then install the new version.
Also, following the advise in the release note from FW6.o I have stored again al my presets under FW 6.0.
Seems to me that the ghost problem is now "almost solved". I still see some ghost blocks sometimes, but when I switch up and down one time between presets they're gone. That's not how it was and for sure a big improvement. The fact that I still have 'm sometimes might be due to the fact that I'm using a 10 meter USB-cable, which is about the maximum length allowed. From experience I know that FW-updates don't even work with that cable, so for that I'm using a shorter one. Could be the cause of the last remainders of the "ghost" problem. But I didn't ever have this with earlier versions of FW/Editor, so .... ??

Back
Top Bottom