AFIII A Demo of Clean Sounds from the +PlusPack 2024

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Hi everyone:

Some people say digital amp modelers can't do realistic cleans -- but I disagree!

Here's a demo I did in my studio of a dozen or so cleans, with Austin guitarist Dave Scher. Dave does not own a Fractal....and he was impressed.

Now, you are hearing the DIRECT Axe-FX III sound with no processing, but when we played them for this video (and when I dialed them in) they are coming out of my Red Sound MF10 and Atomic NEW CLR pretty loud/over 92db...and they sound just like an amp in the room to us.

There are also some rock sounds from new 2023 firmware-added amps around 34 minute mark too.

Some tips watching this: Change the YouTube screen settings (cog wheel) video quality settings to 720p or higher instead of 360 (sometimes defaults low to that) for better picture resolution.
If you visit YouTube to watch, if you look at the README there at the bottom you can click SHOW TRANSCRIPT and you'll get a list of time markers in top right screen for the different amps and where they are in the show.
Last, it will sound best through good studio speakers or headphones, not a laptop...

You can learn more about the +PlusPack 2024 TonePack at this thread in the Vendor section.

Hope you like this demo. I'm hoping to do a number of them this year covering tones from TonePacks but also the fun discussion too!

BTW, if any of you made any of the recent G3 shows the past few weeks, Dave Scher was Eric Johnson's second guitarist on the G# tour with Via and Satriani this year - in case he looks familiar. He doesn't own any Fractal gear - but he was truly impressed checking it out with me. Great guy!

Last edited:
Those tele tones are awesome! Can’t wait for the fm3 release !
You and me both amigo! You and me both! :D

There is no way to tell when new FM3 firmware will come, but once it does with FM3-editor changes, then can turn around the presets pretty fast.

Maybe have to adjust few things different purely for CPU reasons in the Cleans Bank 1, we'll see (for FM3, probably have to turn off mic pre amp that is ON in DynaCabs for example... or maybe remove Drive block 2 which am not using in any sounds...) -- but won't take too long to do that.

Hi everyone:

Some people say digital amp modelers can't do realistic cleans -- but I disagree!

Here's a demo I did in my studio of a dozen or so cleans, with Austin guitarist Dave Scher. Dave does not own a Fractal....and he was impressed.

Now, you are hearing the DIRECT Axe-FX III sound with no processing, but when we played them for this video (and when I dialed them in) they are coming out of my Red Sound MF10 and Atomic NEW CLR pretty loud/over 92db...and they sound just like an amp in the room to us.

There are also some rock sounds from new 2023 firmware-added amps around 34 minute mark too.

Some tips watching this: Change the YouTube screen settings (cog wheel) video quality settings to 720p or higher instead of 360 (sometimes defaults low to that) for better picture resolution.
If you visit YouTube to watch, if you look at the README there at the bottom you can click SHOW TRANSCRIPT and you'll get a list of time markers in top right screen for the different amps and where they are in the show.
Last, it will sound best through good studio speakers or headphones, not a laptop...

You can learn more about the +PlusPack 2024 TonePack at this thread in the Vendor section.

Hope you like this demo. I'm hoping to do a number of them this year covering tones from TonePacks but also the fun discussion too!

BTW, if any of you made any of the recent G3 shows the past few weeks, Dave Scher was Eric Johnson's second guitarist on the G# tour with Via and Satriani this year - in case he looks familiar. He doesn't own any Fractal gear - but he was truly impressed checking it out with me. Great guy!

I thoroughly enjoyed that !

@austinbuddy looks like your website is down. Hoping it's from too much traffic from sales.
No it's not that. We had a database migration problem for orders over past six months that has now been correctly resolved up to Feb. 6th. Phew.

I have to find a way to now add the orders anyone placed since Feb. 7 to today back to that corrected database.

Those orders exists in another database and have to be selectively migrated in. Or more correctly said, I need to have smart people figure that out for me at my eCommerce place.

If anyone who has bought the +PlusPack after Feb. 6th to tonight can't see it in your account, or the link doesn't work now, just email me at heybuddy@austinbuddy.com. I have your order receipts and can help manually get you order and also eventually get your original order back in the database.

Other than that hiccup - hope everyone likes the new website update and it makes things easier...

How about exising users? Should buy +PLUSPACK one more again?
NO. Don't buy it again.

It's all gonna be fine. We are making progress as I type... if you bought it already and need a copy of your zip file, just email me direct.

Like I said above e-- If anyone who has bought the +PlusPack after Feb. 6th but before Feb. 9 and can't see it in your account, or the link doesn't work now, just email me at heybuddy@austinbuddy.com. I have ALL of your order receipts in emails for records, and can help manually get you order zip file if you need it, and also eventually get your original order back in the database.

The website may go down for a few days just so we can work out the last few bugs (and I'm out Sunday-Monday traveling). We'll see how the next few hours go.

Last edited:
Website is BACK UP AND LIVE! I think the new website looks much better.

There is an FAQ and a Latest News section now as well as Videos with TonePack demos and tutorials.

There are roughly a dozen orders from some parts of Feb. 6 to 9 we still have to add back to database in next few days - everybody else should be all set.

If you find that you are in that "Dirty Dozen" and can't see your downloads when you login in, or can't login, just contact me direct. Don't worry - I have original copies of your orders - all good/being fixed.

THANKS FOR YA'LLS PATIENCE!

Back
Top Bottom