Paramore - Last Hope (live) tone

radbroman

Any idea what effects he's is using at the beginning of this song? The guitar has a really nice chime to it, you can really hear how it rings out about 11 seconds in and when he hits full chords. I can get somewhat close using a pushed Plexi and some reverb, but I can't quite get there.

I would start with a good chimey tone - I think AC20 when I think about that kind of sound, but you could certainly get it with a Marshall-style amp. In terms of effects, I would start with a nice wide reverb with a decent decay. Give yourself a bit of pre-delay to let the initial guitar tone pop through before the wash. There may be a bit of light chorus to add width and there is probably some dark delay in there as well to really lengthen those chords that ring - I would use a tape delay here with a decent low and high cut. His pickups almost sound like filtertrons, they have a great jangle. Overall it is a really great tone and Hayley can sing her ass off, man. Good tune.

The chord voicing also can't be overlooked for this song. He's using a funky tuning that allows him to drone on the high strings. That's what helps keep the sound constantly ringing as he moves through the chords.

Man, that was forever ago. You can still see the green screens from my old Axe-Fx IIs. I think Taylor was using a Divided by 13 RSA23 through V30s. It was likely going through an Rawkworks Light OD overdrive, Strymon TimeLine (tape model with modulation), and a Boss RV-5 on the Modulate setting. The guitar has Arcane Inc. Ultratron pickups.

I hope this helps.

Man, that was forever ago. You can still see the green screens from my old Axe-Fx IIs. I think Taylor was using a Divided by 13 RSA23 through V30s. It was likely going through an Rawkworks Light OD overdrive, Strymon TimeLine (tape model with modulation), and a Boss RV-5 on the Modulate setting. The guitar has Arcane Inc. Ultratron pickups.

I hope this helps.
Wow, thanks so much! And I appreciate everyone's input.

Back
Top Bottom