PSA for the best sounding best value IEM KZ ZS10 Pro's

I’ll echo @scottp on these.

I’m primarily a theater and worship guitarist. After my 2nd pair of triple driver Westones crapped out on me, I bought the ZS10’s as an emergency replacement. Your mileage may vary, but I’ve been very happy with them. Talk about a pleasant surprise! I haven’t gone back ever since I got mine.

Would custom molds be ”better”? Probably so. But at this price, I think it’s a no brainer - even if only to have a backup set of ears.

My only complaint is the cable. It doesn’t really like to sit nicely over my ear and didn’t cinch up nicely to the back of my head. I’ve worked around this a bit, but (again) at this price point, I’m not gonna gripe too much.

Just my $0.02 USD

These are probably the best value for IEMs on the market. Really great sound! I still prefer and use 64 Audio custom molds but have a pair of KZ's as a backup.

I learned about some other options over on The Gear Forum.

I bought 2 sets of inexpensive buds that are both excellent. Less than $60 combined.

I got a pair of Kiwi Cadenzas and a pair of SalNotes Zeros.

The long thread is here and there are several other sets discussed there:

https://thegearforum.com/threads/an...s-headphones-for-16-read-this.771/post-127210

Both of the ones I purchased are single 10mm Dynamic Driver.

I enjoy them more than my 64 Audio V6S 6-driver custom molds.

I have to wonder about quality over time with inexpensive in ear buds. Not knocking them and for the money they are cheap enough that if or when they die just buy a new pair. Still wondering if a more expensive in ear's equals longevity.

I’ll echo @scottp on these.

I’m primarily a theater and worship guitarist. After my 2nd pair of triple driver Westones crapped out on me, I bought the ZS10’s as an emergency replacement. Your mileage may vary, but I’ve been very happy with them. Talk about a pleasant surprise! I haven’t gone back ever since I got mine.

Would custom molds be ”better”? Probably so. But at this price, I think it’s a no brainer - even if only to have a backup set of ears.

My only complaint is the cable. It doesn’t really like to sit nicely over my ear and didn’t cinch up nicely to the back of my head. I’ve worked around this a bit, but (again) at this price point, I’m not gonna gripe too much.

Just my $0.02 USD

Yea many of us upgraded the cable to, to this one here.

Amazon product ASIN B07RQ77BLM

I thought I would share this the community.
They are on sale for $39.99.
I play with a large group of musicians who use these and everyone really likes them, especially when paired with the Comply Memory Foam tips!
I spent over $600 on custom mold Alclair's. These absolutely BLOW them out of the water! Live and learn!

Amazon product ASIN B07QKYTGH9
Just ordered a set. Coming on Friday. My first foray into IEM’s of any quality level.

I use them as well. Best value for money item I have ever purchased. I got the black ones the kz zs 10 pro X. Awesome headphones and very analytical

I use them as well. Best value for money item I have ever purchased. I got the black ones the kz zs 10 pro X. Awesome headphones and very analytical
Went with the black too. I was looking at the Pro X’s and decided to just go with the Pro’s and see how I like IEM’s in general. For the money if I really like them I may get the Pro X’s later. Glad to hear you like them. I had a friend (keyboard player) recommend the KZ’s a couple years ago and was skeptical about something at that price range being good. I’m looking forward to Friday.👍

It took me about 12 hours of using them with the band to get comfortable with IEM.
It is a BIG change going from no IEM to IEM!
Now I don't see how I stood near the drums all these years at that volume!
I can't do that anymore.

I thought I would share this the community.
They are on sale for $39.99.
I play with a large group of musicians who use these and everyone really likes them, especially when paired with the Comply Memory Foam tips!
I spent over $600 on custom mold Alclair's. These absolutely BLOW them out of the water! Live and learn!

Amazon product ASIN B07QKYTGH9
Great call on the comply foam tips. Mine just arrived today, and they made a big improvement.

I have a new cable on order too.

I learned about some other options over on The Gear Forum.

I bought 2 sets of inexpensive buds that are both excellent. Less than $60 combined.

I got a pair of Kiwi Cadenzas and a pair of SalNotes Zeros.

The long thread is here and there are several other sets discussed there:

https://thegearforum.com/threads/an...s-headphones-for-16-read-this.771/post-127210

Both of the ones I purchased are single 10mm Dynamic Driver.

I enjoy them more than my 64 Audio V6S 6-driver custom molds.
Really curious but any idea about how the one single driver could be better than the multiple driver ones? That’s so crazy!

The ZS10’s are great, but I actually prefer the newer Teuthear line of IEM’s, specifically the Hola and Hexa. They are more neutral sounding compared to the scooped sounding ZS10’s, and they have a better midrange which is what I want when using them for guitar.

The Hola is $20 and has a great fit, with a slightly warmer tonality compared to the $80 Hexa. The Hexa has more clarity, detail, and can handle more instruments in a heavy mix compared to the Hola.

The hola is amazing for the price though.

Chifi IEMs are getting cheaper and better these days. It’s pretty incredible.

Fanmusic Truthear Hexa 1DD+3BA Hybird Earphones with 0.78 2Pin Cable Earbuds, Black https://a.co/d/2oNURg2

Truthear HOLA Earphone Dynamic in-Ear Minitors with 0.78 2Pin Interchangeable Cable https://a.co/d/bmCVwhy

The ZS10’s are great, but I actually prefer the newer Teuthear line of IEM’s, specifically the Hola and Hexa. They are more neutral sounding compared to the scooped sounding ZS10’s, and they have a better midrange which is what I want when using them for guitar.

The Hola is $20 and has a great fit, with a slightly warmer tonality compared to the $80 Hexa. The Hexa has more clarity, detail, and can handle more instruments in a heavy mix compared to the Hola.

Fanmusic Truthear Hexa 1DD+3BA Hybird Earphones with 0.78 2Pin Cable Earbuds, Black https://a.co/d/2oNURg2

Truthear HOLA Earphone Dynamic in-Ear Minitors with 0.78 2Pin Interchangeable Cable https://a.co/d/bmCVwhy
Thanks i also found that the zs were mid scooped. Gonna try those

I have had the KZ ZS10 Pro's for few days now. I haven’t been able to really use them as true IEM with other players in a mix yet. For the money they sound very good so far as a listening device. I wouldn’t say they have flat response and not sure they’re meant to be. The high end is very extended and the bottom is good and not overly enhanced. I agree the mids are less (don’t know if I would go as far as to say “scooped”). As I was referring to, I’m thinking having less mids in a band IEM situation would be helpful. Same with extended highs and no over the top bass. For me the trick will be getting myself to stand out while still having the other players present with quality and only slightly diminished. If I want to have a very specific mix then that’s always possible and they will still sound great.

As I mentioned earlier I don’t have any experience with IEM’s in a band situation so I may have a different opinion then. I still think for the money they are built very solid and sound very good. Worth a try and to have as a backup if you’re someone that has a custom set already or not.

Last edited:

Sorry for firing this thread back up....
I'm waiting on a pair of Truthear Hexa's to arrive. I've heard/read good things.

Back
Top Bottom