FM3 Firmware Version 6.01 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rglr

Fractal Audio Systems
FM3 Firmware Version 6.01 beta 1 is now available for download:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/fm3/6p0/fm3_dsp_rel_6p01_beta_1.zip

FM3-Edit version 1.05.12 is required for this firmware.
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-edit-1-05-12.189688/
You must perform a "Refresh After New Firmware" in FM3-Edit to sync with FW 6.01 to see the Paragon Wah type.

NOTE:
If your preset changes seem to be slowed in the 6.xx versions it may be because of the update process during the preset loading. The solution to this problem is to save your presets in the current firmware version which will eliminate the update process during preset load. I have removed the "Upgrade all presets" from the Utilities page in favor of doing the same thing with Fractal-Bot. In this case you would download the preset banks from the FM3 using Fractal-Bot in receive mode and then reload them back to the FM3 in send mode. This is a superior process to the "Upgrade all presets" utility and will backup your presets as well. (You may also save the presets individually if the number of presets you use is manageable.)

NEW AND IMPROVED FEATURES​

• Added “Paragon” type to the Wah block based on a Tycobrahe Parapedal.
  • Updated Compressor block so that times display actual value for the various pedal types.

FIXES​

• Fixed corrupt audio as a result of attaching a modifier to a Drive block parameter when the type is Klone Chiron.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/fm3/6p0/fm3_dsp_rel_6p01_beta_1.zip

You must perform a "Refresh After New Firmware" in FM3-Edit to sync with FW 6.01 to see the Paragon Wah type.

NOTE:
If your preset changes seem to be slowed in the 6.xx versions it may be because of the update process during the preset loading. The solution to this problem is to save your presets in the current firmware version which will eliminate the update process during preset load. I have removed the "Upgrade all presets" from the Utilities page in favor of doing the same thing with Fractal-Bot. In this case you would download the preset banks from the FM3 using Fractal-Bot in receive mode and then reload them back to the FM3 in send mode. This is a superior process to the "Upgrade all presets" utility and will backup your presets as well. (You may also save the presets individually if the number of presets you use is manageable.)

• Updated Compressor block so that times display actual value for the various pedal types.

FIXES​

• Fixed corrupt audio as a result of attaching a modifier to a Drive block parameter when the type is Klone Chiron.
I saved presets to flash before this Beta, should I save to flash again after Beta install?

In this case you would download the preset banks from the FM3 using Fractal-Bot in receive mode and then reload them back to the FM3 in send mode. This is a superior process to the "Upgrade all presets" utility and will backup your presets as well. (You may also save the presets individually if the number of presets you use is manageable.)

Hello. I just received my FM3 this week and have no custom presets. I upgraded to 6.00, then saw your post about the beta 6.01, which is now my current firmware. I saved the factory preset banks A B C D via Fractal Bot to my computer prior to the beta upgrade. Now I send them back to the FM3, one bank at a time, correct? It gives me a warning I will permanently overwrite the existing bank, and I'm posting this message just as a precaution and that this will eliminate the lag between switching presets.

Thanks for your time.

Hello. I just received my FM3 this week and have no custom presets. I upgraded to 6.00, then saw your post about the beta 6.01, which is now my current firmware. I saved the factory preset banks A B C D via Fractal Bot to my computer prior to the beta upgrade. Now I send them back to the FM3, one bank at a time, correct? It gives me a warning I will permanently overwrite the existing bank, and I'm posting this message just as a precaution and that this will eliminate the lag between switching presets.

Thanks for your time.
It won't eliminate the lag... It will shorten it.

NOTE:

FIXES​

COOL! Many thanks. Any chance for bigger fonts on LCD in FM3?

Thanks for your time.
There is a short audio gap when changing presets. It is not instant. Hundreds of parameters are changing at the same time. Most digital units have this behavior.

Thanks for your time.

That is correct. It overwrites the original presets to the 6.0 preset settings by loading back in. I still recommend using scenes within an individual song vs multiple presets

Any chance to please help in getting the JP2C Model more accurate or close to the real amp especially in the Mark 5 band EQ section!
The model in the Unit is having way more gain than the real amp believe it or not, also although Cliff mentioned that JP him self approved the model himself but i think with the updates, firmwares & the new improvements been happening lately, something has changed & its not accurate or close to as it was before! Well, the EQ section never was actually, hope you guys can really help getting this àmp to where and how it should be!
A lot of changes happened in the recent updates
The low cut check that
If it is too much gain , turn it down
Pull up a demo clip of the amp and try to match them up
You will definitely have to tweak some stuff as changes could have affected your presets

COOL! Many thanks. Any chance for bigger fonts on LCD in FM3?
There was a comment made by Fractal when they were introduced in the FC Mk II units saying that the change was only for the controllers because of shipping issues …

Will these be rolling into FM3/9 also?
We would love to be able to offer updated versions of those products, but in the current global electronics component shortage, it is not possible for us to do so in the foreseeable future.

They have also done work on the front panel it seems, but being a small and busy company probably means everyone gets to wear multiple hats and they don’t have a lot of spare time…

Post in thread 'Song title in large display?'
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/song-title-in-large-display.187504/post-2323000
It isn't currently possible.
@BryantP and I started a LARGE FONT project for the FM9/FM3, but other projects have gotten in the way.
It was also going to allow a larger Preset/Scene display:

1665088733351.png

Last edited:
Any chance to please help in getting the JP2C Model more accurate or close to the real amp especially in the Mark 5 band EQ section!
The model in the Unit is having way more gain than the real amp believe it or not, also although Cliff mentioned that JP him self approved the model himself but i think with the updates, firmwares & the new improvements been happening lately, something has changed & its not accurate or close to as it was before! Well, the EQ section never was actually, hope you guys can really help getting this àmp to where and how it should be!
The Mark EQ type in the Amp block is intentionally not "authentic". I don't think that's going to change:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/buttons-functioning-as-on-amps.170531/post-2052762

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom