Plex delay level drop

Exactly. This is why I got the level drop. And now thanks to @Bakerman I got a way to implement my intended use in this case. As far as I can tell, this issue is now logical, and I can rest my case. Hehe
If engaging the effect in parallel was working (and not sounding too loud relative to bypassed) you weren't encountering what GlennO described.
But that's something that could happen, and dealing with it (while maintaining effect trails upon bypass) would require extra steps. A "Mute FX In 2" bypass mode that removes the influence of block level & mix controls on dry level when bypassed might work sometimes. A gradual ramp up of dry level when bypassing and (faster) ramp down when engaging might sound better than immediate changes, since the wet signal is still at full volume just after bypassing, and not generating any output immediately after engaging.

@GlennO
@Bakerman

I ended up setting the Plex delay in parallel and tweak it to taste and blend that way. Changed the mix to 100%
This completely solved the issue for the upcoming gig. I'm just glad that I now know why this happened. And that I got an approach for trying it in series again later. The most important thing for me is to understand why things are happening, and then learn how to deal with that.

The answers you have given me are really good, and i learned something new today! Love it.

Edit: excuse my manners! Thank you!

But, are you referring to the bypass mode and how the block is reacting with different modes? If so I believe I understand.
Yes. The 'Mute Fx In' can alter the output of the block depending upon the Level, Mix and Balance parameter settings. With effects in series, as you increase the Mix parameter, the overall output level will decrease, once you reach 100% Mix, there will be no sound.

Attachments

• 1658879660378.png
    1658879660378.png
    81 KB · Views: 18
@GlennO
@Bakerman

I ended up setting the Plex delay in parallel and tweak it to taste and blend that way. Changed the mix to 100%
This completely solved the issue for the upcoming gig. I'm just glad that I now know why this happened. And that I got an approach for trying it in series again later. The most important thing for me is to understand why things are happening, and then learn how to deal with that.

The answers you have given me are really good, and i learned something new today! Love it.

Edit: excuse my manners! Thank you!
That's a great thing about FAS devices, there's usually an easy solution to any problem. Glad you got it sorted.

Back
Top Bottom