SRV Rig diagram translation to Axe-Fx

WbbS

Experienced
I'm not so expert to reproduce this diagram, but I'm sure it can be done with the Axe-Fx. I'll try myself, but...if someone wants to help and has some curiosity and time to dedicate...you know team work gets better results.

Basically I would try to reproduce the entire rig diagram in the picture within the axe-Fx, splitters and loop selector included. That's the challenge.

EDIT: First attempt here: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/srv-rig-diagram-translation-to-axe-fx.181960/post-2232530

I split the image in 3 (I get "too big" warning when I try to post it here), but you can find the complete one here: https://guitar.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/rig-diagram-Stevie-Ray-Vaughan-1985@3000x10406px.jpg and attached in the .zip file

Schermata 2022-03-05 alle 18.21.04.png

Schermata 2022-03-05 alle 18.21.14.png
Schermata 2022-03-05 alle 18.21.23.png

Attachments

• Diagram.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 29
Last edited:
There's no real point to a loop selector here... If effects blocks are bypassed, they have no effect on the signal.

You could use scenes to engage if that is needed.

However, this diagram is only about the wiring and not about how it was used.

In order to be useful, you'd need to know what needs to engaged or bypassed in which situations.

The diagram has 5 amps. If more than 2 are on at once, you've already got an impossible use case.

To really get help with this, you'd need to map out all combinations of all components you want to use at the same time.

The MXR box just takes the wah and tube screamer completely out of the signal path -- you don't need that with the Axe-Fx.

How are you planning to run 5 amps simultaneously with the Axe-Fx? Because that's what it looks like is happening here.

The MXR box just takes the wah and tube screamer completely out of the signal path -- you don't need that with the Axe-Fx.

How are you planning to run 5 amps simultaneously with the Axe-Fx? Because that's what it looks like is happening here.
This is my challenge, to take the original and see where I can get.

I doubt he uses all of 5 at the same time. But Dumble+Marshall for sure, and the Fender for sure. So 2 Amp block, channel A first pair of amps, and number 2 second pair (I'll use 2 Fender rather than 3).

To really get help with this, you'd need to map out all combinations of all components you want to use at the same time.
  • Marshall + Dumble (later he used 2 Dumble as far as I know)
  • Fender (3 here, we can reduce to 2)

You can take one amp, like the Super Verb, and use multiple IRs to get the sound of up to four different amps either to blend or pan.
Interesting. My challenge would be to stay closer to the original rig. No actual need to replicate the tone, I just like to experiment, it pushes me to learn more things 😊

Cool diagram. This just shows me that Stevie was the "sound" we loved. simplistic setup really, I mean yes all the routing and splitting looks complex but I mean the FX used, etc.....All Stevie..........................

Thanks for putting the work in.
It will be interesting to see what you come up with for the axe fx.

Thanks
Pauly

I'm not so expert to reproduce this diagram, but I'm sure it can be done with the Axe-Fx. I'll try myself, but...if someone wants to help and has some curiosity and time to dedicate...you know team work gets better results.

Basically I would try to reproduce the entire rig diagram in the picture within the axe-Fx, splitters and loop selector included. That's the challenge.

I split the image in 3 (I get "too big" warning when I try to post it here), but you can find the complete one here: https://guitar.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/rig-diagram-Stevie-Ray-Vaughan-1985@3000x10406px.jpg and attached in the .zip file

View attachment 97447

View attachment 97448
View attachment 97449

Back
Top Bottom