FW Updates for the FM9?

The frequency of updates has decreased across the board. Since the release of Cygnus (April 2021) there have been 3 'major' updates to the Axe III; 17.0 - FullRes (Sept), 17.01 (Oct) - Delays and Reverb overhaul, 18.0 - Compressor overhaul (Dec).

If we're going to speculate, my thought is that they are adopting a new method for testing new Firmware updates, especially for the FM3 and FM9. Rather than releasing a beta and having users test, it seems they may be putting in more time allowing the 'real' beta testers to put it through its paces to ensure a more stable release candidate. There have been comments from users that they didn't want to try a beta and would wait until the final release before updating so why offer a beta if users aren't going to update?

Again, all speculation but with the comment by Matt that there's a release being tested by the beta team it's more of an educated guess.

I am sure that the people in the Waitlist Email Thread would be happy to have FW 1.0 on a new FM9...

Seriously, when FW 2.0 gets here we will have the goods... And if it is not quick enough we should have gotten the AXE-III (aka Flagship Model) instead

Yup. Those hankering for an FM9 firmware update are speaking from a position of immense privilege right now.

Not that any would admit it. ;)

Signed,
FM9 and FM3 Owner

Update: after a successful beta of FM9 2.0, we're taking a few days to get the latest Axe-Fx III changes brought in. This is something we feel is definitely worth the time, including another round of private beta scheduled to begin this Friday.
I was so hoping because I put my AxeIII in my studio and have the FM9 for gigging now and the FM3 for backup. I was bummed and thinking about going back to the big rack setup just for the new update, crazy I know but now Fractal saves the day!

Update: after a successful beta of FM9 2.0, we're taking a few days to get the latest Axe-Fx III changes brought in. This is something we feel is definitely worth the time, including another round of private beta scheduled to begin this Friday.
That’s great and we all appreciate the update!

Any chance you can share some of the coming features we can get excited about? :D

Great news. Loving the additions in FW 18 on the Axe FX III.

I think @guitaryates may be referring to the quality of the owners not the devices! ;) (BTW, still just enjoying the FM3 over here looking forward to 5.0!)

Thanks for the clarification. :)

As an owner of both, I still think the vastly larger user base with the FM3 would make a larger quantity of
owners happier than the 13 people in the world who have an FM9. ;)

Not that they can't do both, simultaneously.

As an owner of both, I still think the vastly larger user base with the FM3 would make a larger quantity of
owners happier than the 13 people in the world who have an FM9. ;)
As an owner of both units I would look in the FM3 discussion for possible FW updates on the FM3. This thread is about FW updates on the FM9.

I don’t know if there is a similar discussion going on in the FM3 forum regarding FW updates but I’m sure it’s a priority for Fractal to update the firmware on their entire Floor Model line.

Back
Top Bottom