Prince

yek

Contact Fractal for your Custom Title
The last time I saw Prince perform live was 2010, in Belgium (Larry Graham joined him on stage).
At that time Prince was mostly doing long funky jam sessions, largely improvised, instead of repeating stuff from his immense catalogue.
Some of the audience may have wanted to hear his hits only, but I immensely enjoyed the gig.
He was so gifted. And telecasters rule.

This is from the same era:

The last time I saw Prince perform live was 2010, in Belgium (Larry Graham joined him on stage).
At that time Prince was mostly doing long funky jam sessions, largely improvised, instead of repeating stuff from his immense catalogue.
Some of the audience may have wanted to hear his hits only, but I immensely enjoyed the gig.
He was so gifted. And telecasters rule.

This is from the same era:

Yek

I missed your post, hence this delayed response.

Prince has been such an influence on my musical life - while he had a long and varied career, the first 10-11 years of his recordings are (in my view, at least) are remarkable, almost unmatched. Soul, new wave, funk, electronic, rock, blues - any style you can name, he was at the top of his game. And even then he had a twist on it.

He is missed by many, but I’m very happy we have his catalogue to continue enjoying.

Thanks for posting about him!

Love to all, enjoy your weekends.
Gilesy

When I was young (and dumb) I first saw Prince and thought WTF, what a freak.

As I grew older and wiser, I grew to appreciate what a unique and multi talented musician/performer this man truly was.
Thanks for this Yek, I really enjoyed this clip...EXCELLENT!

Last edited:
When growing up, I heard his 80s radio hits (Kiss, When Doves Cry, etc.) and never looked into his work any further. Then in the 2000s I saw his performance on Saturday Night Live and it changed my perception of him. He was much more of a guitarist than I realized, and he pulled off the showman/performer aspect while maintaining a good command of his instrument and effects.

Back
Top Bottom