FM3 Firmware Version 3.03 beta 1

Can you set it to select Ultra Res by default? Do you need to reload any cabs or user cabs to get Ultra Res?
Since the FM3 has a limited CPU compared to the Axe3, I think it makes sense to default to Standard. Similar to how Reverb defaults to Economy. You’ll probably have to change any IR you want to be Ultra-Res, but once you do it and save, it’s done.

Of course the IR itself has to be UR first. Those will appear as Purple in FM3-Edit. Green is for standard length IRs.

IRs/Cabs: What does Purple and Green signify?

Purple = standard res only?
Green = can be standard or ultra res?
I think it’s the other way around.

Since the FM3 has a limited CPU compared to the Axe3, I think it makes sense to default to Standard. Similar to how Reverb defaults to Economy. You’ll probably have to change any IR you want to be Ultra-Res, but once you do it and save, it’s done.

Of course the IR itself has to be UR first. Those will appear as Purple in FM3-Edit. Green is for standard length IRs.

I think it’s the other way around.
So if the York Audio IRs I just copy pasted into FM3-Edit were/already are high res, there will just be an option to enable them to high res or will they be in purple by default and I have to undo them to standard to free up CPU if needed?

Edit: I think my question was just answered.

I can't mess with that because I am gigging this weekend. (Just in case...)

I would however, love to hear some feedback from you folks that can download and implement today and this weekend! Pretty cool. Thanks FAS!!

Thanks for the update. I have a problem. I downloaded the new FM3 Edit and the new Beta. All seemed fine but after going to my preset layout the left hand scribble strip has gone dark, as in it is just a dark rectangular block and not displaying any text, or it may be that it is, but it is not discernible because the contrast is too high. The middle and right hand strips are displaying as expected.

Help please!

Thanks for the update. I have a problem. I downloaded the new FM3 Edit and the new Beta. All seemed fine but after going to my preset layout the left hand scribble strip has gone dark, as in it is just a dark rectangular block and not displaying any text, or it may be that it is, but it is not discernible because the contrast is too high. The middle and right hand strips are displaying as expected.

Help please!
@blackmoreguitar Can you upload your preset and System + FC settings?

Yes, will do, have to be in the morning though; I'm in the UK and its getting late here. It is not preset dependant though, the left hand strip is dark no matter what preset layout or view I am on.
if you restart the FM3 what happens?

if you change the function of that switch does it change in anyway?

Yes, will do, have to be in the morning though; I'm in the UK and its getting late here. It is not preset dependant though, the left hand strip is dark no matter what preset layout or view I am on.
@blackmoreguitar Ok tomorrow is fine. Please include the system and fc settings as well.

I've noticed I cannot import Wav files IR (york audio) anymore... Never happened to me. Anyone? Maybe it's the update and the new FM3 edit.

Thanks FAS!, has the issue with the out2 global eq causing a horrible noise been fixed? Won’t be able to load this for a couple of days.

Back
Top Bottom