Can I copy a Preset that I tweaked to a scene in another presets scene?

Royalty

I tweaked a preset and got it sounding where I want it. I want to insert it into a blank scene in another destination. How can I do this ?
Example: I have preset 474 with 4 scenes , scene 4 is blank. Can I take a tweaked preset that is in number 345 and put it in scene 4 of preset 474? Please give detailed info on how? Thanks

No.

Long answer: You have to manual copy everything from preset 345 into preset 474. Scenes can't switch the preset layout or the type of blocks in it, so you might have to figure out a way to merge them.

There is no such thing as a "blank scene"...

Every preset contains 8 scenes. Every scene contains all blocks in the preset.

A scene simply controls the on/off and channel selection of blocks.

I tweaked a preset and got it sounding where I want it. I want to insert it into a blank scene in another destination. How can I do this ?
Example: I have preset 474 with 4 scenes , scene 4 is blank. Can I take a tweaked preset that is in number 345 and put it in scene 4 of preset 474? Please give detailed info on how? Thanks st
You would unfortunately have to copy each individual block from the preset you like, to the preset you want to move it to... And then just make sure you connect them all. .. I've missed this one, and felt like an idiot 😁

Think of it like this:
1 - the preset defines what blocks are present
2 - scenes define the state of the blocks (on or off, modifiers)
3 - channels define the subtype for that block i.e. jcm vs vox vs plexi. A lot of people forget the channel functionality and how it basically takes a 512 presets * 8 scenes per preset * 4 channels per scene per block =16,384 * every effect type a block can have = I can’t even calculate the total number of possible permutations in a single preset.

You’re going to have to hand-jam the individual block parameters in there but as long as the block types are present in the preset, you can use channels within scenes to do pretty much whatever you want to each block.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom