How to setup Looper?

crisgmusic

Inspired
How do you use the looper block? My looper only records 5 seconds and overdubs and i seen that this thing has a 5min loop? i am having trouble using the looper in Axe FX 3

Put the looper in the layout in the audio path. Hit record and record for as long as you want.

Please describe your setup, as it records much longer than 5 seconds.

Put the looper in the layout in the audio path. Hit record and record for as long as you want.

Please describe your setup, as it records much longer than 5 seconds.
im such a noob. im so use to the old school way of pressing record AND play at the same time so i figured out how to use it
BTW you always answer my questions and i really appreciate your help man!

im such a noob. im so use to the old school way of pressing record AND play at the same time so i figured out how to use it
BTW you always answer my questions and i really appreciate your help man!
ahh that's it. press record. record. press play to loop. :D

I know, RTFM, but where in the signal chain is the looper and can you change presets and play over the loop?
Use the Looper to tweak sounds
Put it before before the Amp block, and record an "unamped" guitar tone. Now keep playing it back while adjusting amp settings. You'll hear the differences in real time.

Alternatively, use it to compare two sounds. Place it after the Amp block and record. Start tweaking. When you want to hear the original tone, play back the sample.

I know, RTFM, but where in the signal chain is the looper and can you change presets and play over the loop?
it's where ever you put it in the Layout.

it records whatever is before it, and doesn't record whatever is after it.

Rather than create a new thread I figuredI'd ask here about the Looper in the Axe Fx III.
My question is while operating it via midi in real time control is the looper seamless in operation?
- Under what scenarios is there a pause or audio glitch or cutout etc.? Anything like that happening anywhere?

- I also wanted to confirm the looper infact is able to recrod the actual stereo input of L/R signals without summing them to mono
like so many other loopers do. I need a full stereo path as well.

- Any help is appreciated.

- Be aware I don't own an Axe Fx as of this moment.

Thank you.

Rather than create a new thread I figuredI'd ask here about the Looper in the Axe Fx III.
My question is while operating it via midi in real time control is the looper seamless in operation?
- Under what scenarios is there a pause or audio glitch or cutout etc.? Anything like that happening anywhere?

- I also wanted to confirm the looper infact is able to recrod the actual stereo input of L/R signals without summing them to mono
like so many other loopers do. I need a full stereo path as well.

- Any help is appreciated.

- Be aware I don't own an Axe Fx as of this moment.

Thank you.
It’s stereo if you set it to stereo.

If you change presets while the loop is playing, there will be a brief audio gap as all the parameters are changing. (Both presets need a looper block as well.) changing scenes (groups of blocks on/off and channel changes) works much better as you don’t leave the preset and the loop will play uninterrupted.

It’s stereo if you set it to stereo.

If you change presets while the loop is playing, there will be a brief audio gap as all the parameters are changing. (Both presets need a looper block as well.) changing scenes (groups of blocks on/off and channel changes) works much better as you don’t leave the preset and the loop will play uninterrupted.
Awesome! Thanks for the input. Can I also ask if there is some type of reset function. I'm scanning the manual but don't see it in there exactly. I'm looking for a reset function thhat basically clears everything out and is ready to start a new loop from scratch. Is this possible in real time?

Awesome! Thanks for the input. Can I also ask if there is some type of reset function. I'm scanning the manual but don't see it in there exactly. I'm looking for a reset function thhat basically clears everything out and is ready to start a new loop from scratch. Is this possible in real time?
The Undo button will also Erase while the loop is stopped. But you can also just hit Record again while it’s stopped and you’ll make a new loop. I’ve never found a need to erase.

The Undo button will also Erase while the loop is stopped. But you can also just hit Record again while it’s stopped and you’ll make a new loop. I’ve never found a need to erase.
Thanks! I just discovered the blocks guide. This makes everything much easier to understand rather than just the manual! I'm loving the concept of this unit more and more.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom