Just pulled the trigger...

Pinkycramps

Experienced
Well... I've loved my II XL since I got back in early 2014. I've gigged it an my MFC exclusively since then and sold most of my amps since that time (and really never touch the ones I've kept).

I've been lurking and gassing for the III since it came out, and the holiday sale of the III+the FC12 together were too much for me to resist. I just placed the order 5 min ago. Now the sleeplessness beggins... I have not been this excited about a Christmas gift since I was a kid!

UPS tracking says I get it Monday. I feel like my young son son must feel about Christmas... I can't wait!
I considered (very briefly) wrapping it up in fancy paper and putting it under the tree until Christmas morning... but...no. I will lose my mind before then so I think I better plan to call in sick to work on Tuesday!

My III arrived on Wednesday, and the FC-6 arrived Thursday. Since both units were used, I “had” to fire them up to make sure everything works. And since the FC Quickpage was right there, it only took a minute or so to load the default layout and get blown away by the flexibility. And would it really hurt to hook it up to my powered wedges to see how it sounds? Of course not!

...but now I’m supposed to box it all back up so my wife can wrap them for the holidaze? Really? :oops:

Dang, this sale seems to be pushing a lot of people off the fence! Picked mine up in person on Black Friday, since I'm 45 mins away.

Wife hasn't seen a lot of me since ;) Before I jumped, she already told me she wouldn't hate me, and I believe her, mostly.

My Axe III and FC-12 arrived last night! My first impressions are:
Wow. Holy mind-freak batman! I'll keep this short for now and just say - the sound exceeded my expectations (I am coming from an XL that is still in the quantum firmware realm.) The presets are just awesome. I could go play a gig right now without creating a single thing really, if I needed to. The interface is vastly improved, and I love how quick and easy it is to do just about anything, especially select a preset from a list, and then in one button go to the perform menu and adjust actual basic amp settings! Now this thing really does work like an amp (Which was the ONE thing I never really got along with on stage with my XL. It wasn't that hard to do on the XL, but this just doesn't take any thought at all, (Which is huge for me.)

I got lost playing for about 3 hours immediately, and found myself inspired to play things I never really play because it was sounding so good to me.
I'm pretty stoked right now!

Back
Top Bottom