Top Wrapping??

I thought top wrapping the strings was to reduce the break angle over the saddles for the benefit of less tuning issues? I know that raising the stop bar accomplices the same result but doesn't traditionally look right.

Basically this.

I've never seen a factory fresh guitar top wrapped, why don't these dummies making these things realize the error of their ways? ;)

Basically this.

I've never seen a factory fresh guitar top wrapped, why don't these dummies making these things realize the error of their ways? ;)

If the stop piece wasn't elevated from the body I would've never considered top wrapping because I'd wouldn't want to scratch or wear the tail piece. Top wrapping is obviously a preference thing and there is no right or wrong. Either way you go you're in good company. A better question for the factories is why there isn't a consistent height with the saddle? They've been making these things for years and Gibson is notorious for poor QC. Maybe the bridge height is not a QC problem and is specific to certain Les Paul models. I don't know...But their pots are all over the place and their pickup outputs are not consistent with their published specs. I'd be happy if they at least get that part right.

Back
Top Bottom