That's it folks, time to fold up the tent

Interesting.

Like to see where it goes. Much of it is indistinguishable from pop/country music lately...vaguely sterile and you've heard it a thousand times before. It is notable that most of us at the cutting edge of technology with FAS are adverse to computers making music.

I'm not against it, but as others have said, there's nothing like a group of musicians creating or performing something unique..bringing all that *stuff* that life has thrown at them into the music.

Interesting.

Like to see where it goes. Much of it is indistinguishable from pop/country music lately...vaguely sterile and you've heard it a thousand times before. It is notable that most of us at the cutting edge of technology with FAS are adverse to computers making music.

I'm not against it, but as others have said, there's nothing like a group of musicians creating or performing something unique..bringing all that *stuff* that life has thrown at them into the music.

If only audiences were the same. Unfortunately they seem to be indifferent. Doesn't matter if its a band or some guy hunched over a laptop, as long as the music gets them going they just no longer care.

My first experience with computer 'created' music was in Lucasarts' videogame Ballblazer released in 1984. It was basically just randomized arppegios, but it was fascinating to me at the time that somebody could have a computer 'improvise' music.

Just my opinion but video games and home streaming killed live music. That and order-home pizza, 1am max opening time for bars and home owners stopping new venues to open.

Back
Top Bottom