Noise when changing presets??

WITELITE

Experienced
Anyone else noticing a pop (almost like someone tapping on a microphone) when changing presets? I am cycling through the presets using the value knob (but also true when using the MFC) and I hear the noise. I thought it had something to do with the looper block but I don't think so now. Still trying to diagnose but curious if others have come across this?

Thanks

MM

I get it between some presets. It's subtle and not really a big deal, but yeah, a light little mic tap is a good way to describe it.

I think I occasionally heard it with the II too, but I'm getting it a bit more with the III. No looper in my presets. I haven't looked to see if there's a pattern to it. I'm not overly concerned, though I do play at church and I'm hooked up to the sound system, so if there's a way to get rid of it that'd be great. I don't know that anyone besides me has noticed it though during church.

Last edited:
Yep, getting it here as well. Some of the "thumps" can be quite loud if whatever you're monitoring through is cranked up.
Don't remember the II doing this. Not a deal breaker, but would be cool if they could maybe work on that a little?

I had the same issue on my FXII. I went through and turned off every block, one at a time, and found it was coming from the delay block. I changed delay from digital to analog and problem was solved. This may or may not be the same issue, but I thought I would put it out there.

Curious. How did you fix it?

I didn't fix it, Cliff did. The "thumping" noise when changing presets went away for me soon as I installed the latest and greatest that came out Monday. I had that thumping noise from the day I got the III until then. Awesome stuff, the latest firmware!!!

Just FYI, It seems that certain types of amps cause the same issue.
I was going from a clean sound with chorus and delay, to a distorted sound with one of the Brit amps, and no matter what I turned on or off, I kept getting this annoying thump, when I switched presets or scenes.
I finally switched amps, and that solved the problem.

Back
Top Bottom