FC6 presets not as expected

I started to experience this exact behavior today as well on my FC12. Updated to 5.05 on 4/10, problem started today 4/12. This behavior occurs regardless of which mode the FC is in. I typically use perform 1 mode. Behavior occurs regardless of which preset I'm currently on. If bank + or - is used, both units return to bank 1 preset 1 59 Bassguy.
I have my bank size set to 4.
I hope you can find the issue fast as I have gigs this weekend and need the FC to work.

EDIT: This appears to be related to the Bank Size and Upper and Lower Limit settings for the FC. Lower limit shows "0", Upper Limit shows "51" in Axe Edit. If using Bank size 4, which I do as I use PERFORM 1 layout, that would only allow access to presets up to 204. The behavior happens when using any preset above 204 and hitting either Bank+ or Bank-. The units will default back to first factory preset---an internal error possibly?

As there are 512 preset slots available, the Upper limit for the FC would need to be 128. If you try to change and save that, the FC displays the same preset name in ALL the windows (perform mode 1) and can only select that preset.
If the upper limit is changed and saved, when powering off and back on, the Upper Limit once again reverts to "51"

I'm more confused as why this is happening now. Prior to this, there had been no problem using any preset over 204, today there is. Not a software guy, but I would bet it is related to the Firmware. Of course, all my gigging presets are up in the 400's so I'm not sure what I'm gonna do. Really don't want to supplant factory presets and move stuff around just to make it work, but may have to in order to use for now.

Anyway, maybe this info will help.

My details if needed:
FW 5.05
FC V 1.05. updated

I still can't reproduce this with my setup. @atquinn and/or @dschaaf : are there specific presets you use/see this with? If you could send me these presets or the presets you normally work with that might be helpful. Thanks in advance!

As stated above, you can replicate the behavior by setting the Upper Limit for Bank Increment and Bank Decrement to 51 in Layout 7 and then trying to bank up from any preset above 204. You should be able to replicate that. The problem is that when the Upper Limit is changed to 128 it will not save between restarts of the Axe FX. Interestingly enough, other changes to the switch, such as ring color, will save between reboots. But Upper Bank Limit always goes back to 51.

I wondered if maybe it was a problem with the Layout so I tried setting one of the free buttons on the Looper page to Bank Increment +1 with an upper limit of 128. This also reverts to an Upper Bank Limit of 51 after a reboot. So it looks like something is just messed up with the
Bank Increment/Decrement function in recent firmwares.

Let us know if you still can't reproduce it.

Austin

Hi Bryant, I will send the ones through that I have been experiencing this (non-factory ones) I will also try to replicate using only factory/stock presets.

EDIT:
----ah just read posts above and it makes sense as the presets I am using are in the mid 300's. I can also confirm that upper limit shows "51" and changes to that value are not saved on reboot-----

Thanks,
D

With a bank size of 4, if I set the bank limit to anything over 51, it reverts to 51 after a power cycle.

If I set it below 51, it works properly

FW 5.05 and 1.05

Same problem on every preset I've tried.

Danny W.

Back
Top Bottom