Bulk change blocks?

tysonlt

Power User
Hello,

I have just bought Austin Buddy's amazing amp pack. I love it.

I want to try it with my amp + frfr, and was pleased to see that he had thought of this and added a pre-cab output to most of the presets. Swell.

However... the pre-cab output is OUT2, which only has XLR and no humbuster, and the second main output is OUT3 (ie to FOH or mons), which should probably be XLR but is only 1/4 inch.

Obviously I could buy adapters, but I would much rather figure out a way to just swap those two outputs. I could go through in Axe-Edit and do it manually, but I don't want to do it if there are any updates etc. I also like my time.

Is there any way to apply a bulk change here? Ideally a sysex command to change them. I looked into recording a mouse macro but often they are in different spots.

I tried spying on comms between axe edit and the axe, but snoize doesn't let me filter the stream of commands, which makes it tricky to see what is going on.

I doubt there is any automated method of swapping outputs. You will likely have to go with adapters if you don't want to spend the time changing them.

Bum I was afraid of that. I know there IS a way to edit via sysex, because that's how Axe-Edit does it... might need to do some serious packet-sniffing though... I wonder which is more work?

Keep in mind that Output 1/2 are not the same as Output 3/4.

So even if you swapped the blocks, you'd need to alter the level of Output 3 as 3/4 are designed for unity gain functions.

It's possible FracTool's batch setter might be able to do what you want, but I've never used it.

@AlGrenadine can confirm...

I don’t mind buying adapters if I have to I suppose. I figure there is a good reason Austin set them up this way. I just thought that 1/2 were for going to frfr/pa, because they have xlr/ground lift, and 3/4 were better for amps, because they have 1/4 and humbuster. It seems counterintuitive to have to have them setup the way they are.

I don’t mind buying adapters if I have to I suppose. I figure there is a good reason Austin set them up this way. I just thought that 1/2 were for going to frfr/pa, because they have xlr/ground lift, and 3/4 were better for amps, because they have 1/4 and humbuster. It seems counterintuitive to have to have them setup the way they are.
Output 1 has both XLR and 1/4"...

Does your amp not support XLR inputs? I'm used to my Matrix, which uses Combi jacks, so I can use either type.

You don't really need Humbuster cables with a power amp, especially if you're using short cables (unless you are getting noise). I use Output 3 for feeding my Matrix and use short George Ls cables (TS) and have used the same for several years with my Axe Fx II.

Again, 3/4 are designed for unity gain and primarily intended to use as loops for external gear.

Also, just FYI, the creator of the pack is "Buddy" who is from "Austin (Texas)"... His name isn't Austin ;)

Ah! Good to know! Thanks for letting me know so I don’t keep making a fool of myself!

I have a modded fender HRD, just one TS input and an fx loop.

Output 1 and 3 have the cabs enabled anyway so can’t use those for an amp. Out2 is the one designated for amp out and it only has XLRs.

For the output 2 a simple cable with XLR on one end and a usual mono jack on the other end works...that's what I do.

It's not balanced then and no humbuster.
You don't need it balanced or humbusted when it's already preamplified and you don't amplify it again from a very low level (like going into an high impedance input), so it should work for many amp returns.

Keep in mind that Output 1/2 are not the same as Output 3/4.

So even if you swapped the blocks, you'd need to alter the level of Output 3 as 3/4 are designed for unity gain functions.

It's possible FracTool's batch setter might be able to do what you want, but I've never used it.

@AlGrenadine can confirm...
It can change levels on a range of presets yes but can't swap block for another block

What’s your rig look like Mr Unix? Do run amp + frfr?
I'm using a Matrix amp with 2 passive Xitone wedges on Output 3.

Output 2 goes to the IEM rig for rehearsal and gigs. This is so I keep a consistent level.

Output 1 is currently headphones only. This allows me to have dedicated volumes for FRFR, IEM and (direct) headphones.

I only use my own presets for my band, and if I remember correctly I adjusted my layout to match the Naked pack.

Cool, Xitone was the monitor I wanted to get, but at the time, availability led me to JBL eons. They do ok for a start.

I guess I have an answer here: if I want the outputs to be different, I’ll have to change them myself. I am still going through all the naked amps, so in reality I’ll probably only choose 10-20 presents I really like- not such a big deal then.

So there is still not a way to replace an input 1 block with a shunt, which splits to output 1 and output 2, even programmatically?

FracTool has some batch editing capabilities. I believe it can replace blocks in presets, but the cable connections between blocks will likely have to be done manually.

Back
Top Bottom