Finding Inspiration: Antonio Sanchez

iaresee

Administrator
I think I'm pining for the loss of our drummer. He moved out East in August and we've been in slow fall toward doom ever since. Playing with a great drummer is truly something you should all experience. It's beyond describable.

The wife and I were watching the new Get Shorty series on Netflix and I was commenting on how much I was loving the drum-focused soundtrack. It reminded of the drum-solo soundtrack to Birdman, which I also dug. Turns out it's the same guy! Antonio Sanchez.

Monster, monster drummer who really highlights just how much "speaking" you can do with percussion in his playing. It's building up the urge in me to fight through the apathy and find another, great dummer to play with again.

Yes saw him play with pat metheny (awesome indeed, even if pat was on Kemper) last year the same week I binged Get Shorty...Romano is amazing

I binged Get Shorty...Romano is amazing
It exceeded my expectations. I'd dare say it's better than the movie and the book. The spin they took had far more depth than the Leonard-penned characters had. Almost "inspired by" than a direct adaptation of.

A great drummer really is a great thing. I haven't played with anyone at Antonio's level, but I have had a few top-notch and they really are an inspiration to play with.

Back
Top Bottom