U2 - 'Until the End of the World' Preset

Presented for your use, amusement, or derision... My very first preset upload...

I'm not claiming it's perfect, or even good, but you can check it out. Some notes:

Axe III

Live version tone attempt from the first leg of the Innocence and Experience tour. I am not claiming this is anywhere near perfect, but if I were to play it live, I'd get the feel of the song and the audience would as well.

I left a cab in there from another upload that has some neat possibilities, but I didn't use it.

Gibson LP Custom on treble, and Epiphone LP Pro the same. No coil tap selected.

Patch was written and monitored through headphones. The bonus was it sounded pretty good through my Vox AC-30 TB as well. (Non-bright channel, I'm trying that out for a while.) This was a little unexpected, as I've been writing patches tweaked for FRFR or my Vox and Fender Tweed.

Scene 1 - Intro; can be used for the string clicks and/or the first chorus tone.
Scene 2 - Verse and Chorus
Scene 3 - Solo
Scene 4 - Verse and Chorus
Scene 5 - Ring Those Bells
Scene 6 - Verse and Chorus
Scene 7 - Outro
Scene 8 - NA

So (once we all get our FCs...) you can just toggle through the scenes as the song progresses.

Hopefully some folks will get a kick out of it. If not, tweak until your little heart is full and happy!

I'm going to make another one and follow what the U2 Guitar Tutorial guy did and see how far off I was.

Attachments

• End of the World - FR - SG.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 75
Thanks!

So, I finally got my Mission Engineering Gemini 2, and I might have to tweak some EQ on my patches.

Let me know how it sounds on your rig - and what you’re playing through.

oh wow, very excited about this one! I don't have a Gibson but I'll have to see how this sounds on my Strat. (And, I mean, I'll have to learn the song...)

One of my favorite tones ever. Thank you!

I have no idea why that file is porked... It loads and runs correctly for me, but I'm a total newbie at this. Gotta be my fault somehow.

Anyway, just checked this one, and made a few tweaks. One thing is clear: my tone matching skills are NOWHERE near some of you guys. I'm sure this isn't close to the caliber a lot of guys out there can get, but I'll share anyway.

Attachments

• End of the World - FR - SG.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 31
Do you play into a guitar cabinet, per-chance? Is there a reason you have the CAB block bypassed in scene 2 for example?

Back
Top Bottom