Bryan Adams Tone FW Q10.01

Hubi

Experienced
Holiday time ....recording time....

I´ve been working in the last time on some Bryan Adams/Keith Scott Sounds. The Live Album from 1988 has been always on of my favourite holy grails of guitartones.

Searching on the Internet doesn´t bring a lot of informations, a few interviews, nothing special - there seem to be only basic instruments/guitars - Strat, Gretch, Hiwatt, Vox into Marshallcabs, Boss Super OD, Boss Chorus, Delay, Treble boosting. Like ACDC two different sounds for one big wall.

So here´s my short turn on "run to you" - I don´t have a original strat, only Splithumbucker at the bridge.

the main rhythmguitar is played here on scene 2 only with the Hiwatt High into the OH MRBW GNR 25 W, the Keith Scott sound (scene 3) with Humbucker into a AC30, both boosted with the esoteric RCB Boost.

If you want more dirt, use Scene 1 with both amps.

the second preset includes the Hiwatt Jumped for more dirt, also the solofill is played with the 5th scene from this preset.

I also tried the Vox AC 30 with the poweramp settings of the Hiwatt (as Keith did), but it doesnt work that good.

Attachments

• Adamston Run to you 10 .01.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 109
  • Adamston 2 Run to you Q 10.01.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Sounds very very close! I must have listen to this record a thousand time so I’m pretty familiar with the guitar tone. It’s damn good I must say! The original is maybe a bit more wet, Mutt Lang 80’s production signature secret sauce, but it’s a convincing job! Well done!

Sounds very very close! I must have listen to this record a thousand time so I’m pretty familiar with the guitar tone. It’s damn good I must say! The original is maybe a bit more wet, Mutt Lang 80’s production signature secret sauce, but it’s a convincing job! Well done!
Its very close to the sound of Keith Scott..

Back
Top Bottom