Napoleon Bone Apart

Geezerjohn

Fractal Fanatic
This post is for those of you who actually stop playing long enough to eat some food. We Texas men love to eat, and some of us love to cook. My old patio grill finally gave up the ghost. Beyond worth repairing. Patio Daddio was done cookin'. Family and friends not happy. So I started my quest for fire. After looking at many grills, I settled on a Napoleon. Likely, many, if not most of you have never heard of Napoleon Grills.

My new Napoleon Grill has 6 burners, including 2 infrared burners. One infrared burner is in the back for rotisserie cooking. The other is a side plate and acts as a high-heat searing grill. It is also good for sauces and stuff like that. The Napoleon has ample cooking room for a large crowd as well as a removable warming rack.

The side searing rack is awesome. It has a cast iron grid on top of a infrared burner and gets to about 1200 degrees. Slap a piece of meat on there for about 1 minute for each side and the outside of the meat is seared to perfection. Then cook on the regular burners to desired wellness. An ATV (anti-vegan) delight!

The other side of the grill has a cutting board and an ice bucket/bin. Pretty much set for the outside chef. So, if you are in the market for a grill, check out the Napoleon. It is a Canadian company, and so far, my Napoleon has exceeded my expectations. I've had it about a month now. Ready to slow cook some ribs with my special Hoisin sauce. Good ol' Texas BBQ.

OK. Now back to playin'.

Whilst that grill does sound exceptionally tempting, I am a coal/wood man I'm afraid. For me it's all about the long and painful journey (and beers) when trying to get a coal/wood fire to the right temperature and then cooking my roadkill on that. Must be my South African blood.

A Texan is ordering a grill from Canada?? Either speaks high of the Canada grill or poorly for the TX varieties...

And, I think I'm now going to have to check out Napoleon's site as our Weber is getting preeeeetttyyy crusty.

A Texan is ordering a grill from Canada?? Either speaks high of the Canada grill or poorly for the TX varieties...

And, I think I'm now going to have to check out Napoleon's site as our Weber is getting preeeeetttyyy crusty.
Many TX BBQs are so huge they get their own zip code. We needed something a bit more modest. After looking at all the usual grills, the Napoleon was by far the best featured and priced grill I could find. Check 'em out eh?

Don't forget to do some chicken and fish for the vegetarians! :cool:
Actually, I grill chicken breasts (Costco DD) seasoned with my secret sauce (a smoked hickory) that are pretty popular with our guests. And my plank salmon (with salmon shake of course) is slow cooked and also an extremely popular menu item. Obviously, we like to entertain and the grill is the star attraction. Also for the Vegans are my veggie kabobs, and the specialty of the house, grilled zucchini and squash wedges, also seasoned with my secret shake. Served with wine of your choice or ice-cold Grolsch in a frosted mug. Man does not live by guitars alone. (He needs FAS too).

Last edited:
Many TX BBQs are so huge they get their own zip code. We needed something a bit more modest. After looking at all the usual grills, the Napoleon was by far the best featured and priced grill I could find. Check 'em out eh?
Everything's Bigger in Texas - except your patio apparently :D

The searing rack sounds perfect for finishing off sous vide meats. Get theyself an Anova or something similar.
I am more of a low-tech guy. I just push on the meat with my meat fork and can tell if it is rare, med rare, med, or hockey puck. Works for me. Mrs. Geeze got me a cooking apron that says, "Many have eaten. Few have died". Always a winner for new guests.

Back
Top Bottom