Scholz Classic

I bought these a few months ago, out of curiosity. I honestly haven't found them useful, yet. So far, they haven't set right for any of the mixes I've worked on.

I’m a big fan of the Carol Ann Triptik & these are the speakers for that amp. That being said, I’ve found them to pair nicely with the Komet 60 as well.
The only other Scholz IR’s I know of are the OBOT ones, & these ones were kind of hidden and not in a Cab you would think to look for them in, so I figured I’d put it out there that they are here.

I’m a big fan of the Carol Ann Triptik & these are the speakers for that amp. That being said, I’ve found them to pair nicely with the Komet 60 as well.
I've never used these amps. I will have to give it a go. Any tips on how to dial in these amps? I'm not familiar with them.

I've never used these amps. I will have to give it a go. Any tips on how to dial in these amps? I'm not familiar with them.
Yeah, with the Triptik it’s pretty easy to dial in, you can get a lot of out of the interplay between the Input Drive, Overdrive & Boost as far as Tone shaping goes. Or adding a Clean Drive/Boost. It’s the Input Drive that’s the key to cleaning up the low end.. so if it’s lacking definition, ya gotta lower it & make it up somewhere else if your looking to get into some higher gain stuff. I turn the Treble up a bit too. But the Carol Ann’s are the amps that the owner worked directly with Cliff on the models with so imo they all sound fantastic, but take that fwiw.
The Komet 60 is kind of a different beast all together. It’s a wicked responsive amp, that one I like to turn the Input Trim all the way down, and dial it all in from there. It works well with other speaker types 65’s, EV12L.
I like to load up the front end of this amp with a Filter Block +8dB with a low cut, and then a Drive Block with a FET boost or pre amp, and then use the volume & pickups & pick attack on the guitar to control the gain. And that way you can kind of pick & choose between Filter/Drive blocks or both. Extremely versatile way to have clean to edge to lead tone at just about any volume level within a given range. I’m looking at my latest preset now & have the Treble at 7.5 and the Input Trim all the way down, that’s it.

Last edited:
Wondering if ya gave the Triptik a go? If ya didn’t like it with the Scholz, & ya happened to also grab the Black Shadow C90 IR’s it goes well with that, probably even better.. I’m using the M160 03.. if you have it.

I own the Obot and SHZ packs. Each has its own sweet thing going on. Try the 313 shots from Obot with clean to edge of breakup tones and the SHZ 70 M+, MDRN M+ and SP2 M+ files in the Quick Start folder with lead and heavy rhythm tones.

To me, M+ has a tailored low/high end response that bypasses a lot of guesswork regarding whether the sound will work live or in a mix.

Last edited:
Yeah, with the Triptik it’s pretty easy to dial in, you can get a lot of out of the interplay between the Input Drive, Overdrive & Boost as far as Tone shaping goes. Or adding a Clean Drive/Boost. It’s the Input Drive that’s the key to cleaning up the low end.. so if it’s lacking definition, ya gotta lower it & make it up somewhere else if your looking to get into some higher gain stuff. I turn the Treble up a bit too. But the Carol Ann’s are the amps that the owner worked directly with Cliff on the models with so imo they all sound fantastic, but take that fwiw.
Thanks for turning me on to this amp. With the Scholz OH2 and my Telecaster, it can cover a lot of ground.

There’s a cab pack now on the Fractal store for $19.99 instead of the $9.99ea & ya get 4 different speakers in the Mesa Cab if that works better for some people.
http://shop.fractalaudio.com/Cab_Pack_OwnHammer_412_Recto_p/fas-801-0035.htm

I have this pack and of the four included speakers, I like the Scholz the least. Didn't end up importing any of the Scholz shots. Just sounded kind of weird compared to the more familiar tone of the included V30's. Only my opinion of course.

I have this pack and of the four included speakers, I like the Scholz the least. Didn't end up importing any of the Scholz shots. Just sounded kind of weird compared to the more familiar tone of the included V30's. Only my opinion of course.
That wouldn’t surprise me if you’re looking to use that cab pack in the Classic sense of a Boogie 4x12. I was surprised to see that speaker in this cab. It works great with the Triptik & Carol Ann OD2 though.
I really like the C90 Shadow IR’s in this pack.. great IR’s

That wouldn’t surprise me if you’re looking to use that cab pack in the Classic sense of a Boogie 4x12. I was surprised to see that speaker in this cab. It works great with the Triptik & Carol Ann OD2 though.
I really like the C90 Shadow IR’s in this pack.. great IR’s

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to check them out as I never use those models. God there's so many models in this box that you never get around to using half of them! Good problem to have though.

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to check them out as I never use those models. God there's so many models in this box that you never get around to using half of them! Good problem to have though.
Yeah, well I started the thread cause it’s kind of a rare Speaker to begin with & I figured not a lot of people would know about it, but for the people who were looking for the Scholz it’s kind of a weird cab to find it in.

Back
Top Bottom