Favourite superclean amps atm?

calleballe11

Experienced
Going on a tour with IEMs and are using TX star Clean (X) and ODS-100 Clean (Y), both into a Bassguy M160 cab, sometimes I feel like it could use a kick in the butt to come alive. Any suggestions on other amps to play around with?

It sounds totally amazing, just curious :)
Patch below!

Attachments

• Basic FX1.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 30
(Beware that if you play with the patch, the delays are tied to exp for mix amount, so if you turn them on they will be way up)

ODS-100 Clean into the ODS factory cabinets is my favorite "big" clean right now. I've also paired it with the Celestion V30 IRs from Celestion and thought it worked well.

The SDD preamp drive model is my best tip for kicking a clean amp in the but - It doesn't really add drive, it just adds sizzle on top of the cleans.

For the super clean amps, I really like the CAE 3+ clean model

But my absolute favorite amp for cleans is the Brit JM45, it is bold and spongy

@calleballe11 is from Sweden, so you may have a chance to understand what I am saying in this video. The rest of you, feel free to laugh at the sound of the Danish language. Apologies to the Americans for slaughtering Suspicious minds near the end. This the JTM45 with Pedal comp1 and SDD preamp in front for some super compressed 80s cleans

The SDD preamp drive model is my best tip for kicking a clean amp in the but - It doesn't really add drive, it just adds sizzle on top of the cleans.

@calleballe11 is from Sweden, so you may have a chance to understand what I am saying in this video. The rest of you, feel free to laugh at the sound of the Danish language. Apologies to the Americans for slaughtering Suspicious minds near the end. This the JTM45 with Pedal comp1 and SDD preamp in front for some super compressed 80s cleans

Thanks!
Haha I didnt get much of the danish but it sounds great! Right now I'm using a RCB drive block in front which does the job but I was sort of looking for an amp that has that punch already :) If I find a great clean amp for the patch I could swap the X-block of the amp for the drive though!

Perhaps try some different cabinets? The EV-12L (08), Fanes (143,155,156,166) and maybe the Doubleverb (91) come to mind for clean with headroom. The new Creamback IRs (188,189) are worth a try too with the amps you've mentioned.

CA3+ Clean is great... lower the gain and it's pristine clean... I use it with a 4x10" cab (don't remember which one) or the Citrus 4x12"

ODS-100 Clean into the ODS factory cabinets is my favorite "big" clean right now. I've also paired it with the Celestion V30 IRs from Celestion and thought it worked well.
Which are the factory ODS Cabs?? Are you talking about the rumble ones?
Tried the Hook 1A and liked what i got!

Typically Neal Schon clean sound in the 80's at 3.30 mn
Great sound !!!!!!

I've been using the Double Verb into two speaker sims R21 2x12 Double verb R121 and the #105 Rumble 4x12 sounds huge and super clean and great over driven.

I'm just trying the ODS Clean !So great.....
Thank you for the advice.
But i need an advice, what is your setting if i want to put an T808 in front of the amp ?
Can i lower the drive setting on the amp if i add the 808 (in order to have one sound for clean, and one typically SRV ) ?Thank you in advance. And have a good day.

But i need an advice, what is your setting if i want to put an T808 in front of the amp ?
Can i lower the drive setting on the amp if i add the 808 (in order to have one sound for clean, and one typically SRV ) ?Thank you in advance. And have a good day.
Try my preset! With my strat it sounds nice with a T808 in front :)

That is essentially what I am doing. I want a very clean sound. I have to turn my guitar all the way up and really whack it to get it to break up at all. My OD slot is X/Y'd with an Xotic RC booster for mild to mid drive and a Zen Drive in the Y for Mid to more Overdrive. With the double verb amp and a zen drive it sounds a lot like a Dumble....

Back
Top Bottom