Q5! - In case you hadn't heard!

Damned fretwear on my F5 key ...
Wonder if you can get your keyboard PLEK'ed?
Or perhaps Jescar is making EVO keys?

Love this company! FAS rocks.

Also, wondering what's at the heart of Q5 as far as updated FW (besides drive modeling/distortion - which is awesome - thank you again FAS!)? FX? Improved Amp modelling?

Change to stainless keys, it will last until the axe 3 comes out! But go with the etched F5, printed ones only last about a week around here.:D

I'll be REAL happy if this FW update applies to the AFXII - does it?
I dithered for weeks between getting the II or the XL, but decided if the only difference was storage capacity of cabs and amps i would be better off with the II so that's what i got.
It was only last week i found out that the modelling will also be limited - i'm disappointed, but i guess it's my fault for not paying enough attention.

He posted that in the AX8 Forum, not the Axe-FX II forum. The AX8, Axe-FX II and FX8 all have different firmware numbers. He's almost certainly referring to the drive improvements that were introduced in the Axe-FX II 4.01 beta that people won't stop freaking out about.

EDIT: Then again, maybe 4.01 beta will be re-branded 5.0, kinda like what they did with Quantum 1.0. Whatever. Same difference.

I certainly could be wrong but I couldn't find where Cliff or anyone else refered to the 4.01 diode clipping as a dramatic improvement to the drive blocks. I'm guessing it may be more than that but time will tell.

I certainly could be wrong but I couldn't find where Cliff or anyone else refered to the 4.01 diode clipping as a dramatic improvement to the drive blocks. I'm guessing it may be more than that but time will tell.

Just my impression from reading the 4.1 thread. We'll find out soon enough

He didn't use the word "dramatic" ..., but it was in the 4.01beta Release Notes ....

QX.0X are always beta and minor revisions. The final modeling firmware is released as QX.00.

At least from what I remember. Maybe I'm wrong?

That isn't right.

It doesn't seem to be an absolute system, but Qx is an update to amp modeling or something major that the user can interact with. .0x is usually bug / performance updates.

AX8 needs a healthy dose of Q5

Cooler, and more powerful.

q__star_trek_by_awesomenessdk.jpg

That isn't right.

It doesn't seem to be an absolute system, but Qx is an update to amp modeling or something major that the user can interact with. .0x is usually bug / performance updates.

That's pretty much exactly what I stated. I know it's not an absolute system.

Based on the update and format patterns, it seems the next modeling firmware should be Q5. It's likely that I'm wrong. Depends on exactly what improvements have been made.

That's pretty much exactly what I stated. I know it's not an absolute system.

Based on the update and format patterns, it seems the next modeling firmware should be Q5. It's likely that I'm wrong. Depends on exactly what improvements have been made.

Oh I read it as you saying that the first number is changed in final releases and the secondary numbers are for betas. I guess I misunderstood.

Back
Top Bottom